PDA

View Full Version : Short Hair?

Mermaid Mako
05-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Hey Everyone! So I've been wrestling with hair styles lately...

I love my short bob-cut hair...I really do...no more tangles and less fuss! But I've been curious to whether the common visual of a mermaid with long, flowing hair may play adversely with my new look.

I'm a bellydancer, and my fellow dancers were sort of shocked that I cut off about 16 inches of length, and I've been told I don't fit the classical image of a belly dancer anymore...but there's always clip-in pieces for dancing I suppose.

So my question is, is it the same for you mers out there that perform? Do you ever get the same comment that I got for my dance look?

Mermaid Harmony
05-06-2014, 02:46 PM
There's a thread somewhere in here about this already that's fairly long, I can't remember where it's at, it might be in performing, or something. I have short hair and I told the kids I had to cut it and that sometimes hair gets tangled in nets and coral and such. You do you, short hair is unique and fun. :-)

Lucinda
05-07-2014, 03:35 AM
I did a quick search and actually found two previous threads on the subject:

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?7388-Short-Haired-Mermaids

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?634-Mermaid-with-short-hair

BTW, I have short hair too. I started keeping my hair short many years ago cause I kept waking up in the morning with a sore neck (I would always roll over in my sleep and lie on top of my hair. It kept ending up under my back.) And besides, when my hair was long it would always take forever for it to dry.
If I temporarily want long hair, I can always slip on a wig... although I've never tried swimming with one.

MermaidSasha
07-08-2014, 12:12 AM
I have short hair too and seeing posts from other mers with short hair has made me happy :) thought I was going to be one of the only ones on here without super long hair lol.

crazyauthor
07-08-2014, 01:33 AM
I used to have super long hair, but I cut it down to a pixie last Christmas. I'm glad I saw this, cause I thought I'd be the only one! XD I figured long hair was one of those must-haves for Mermaiding. :P

AniaR
07-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Hannah Fraser actually has a pixie cut and wears hair extensions for mermaid stuff :)

MermaidSasha
07-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Oh wow I never knew that. I love my short hair :) it's less if a hassle for me lol.