PDA

View Full Version : Another Canadian?! What?!

Avya
05-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Hey guys! I figure it's probably time I introduce myself instead of, y'know, reading everything anonymously like a creeper. Well, here it goes!

My mermaid name is Avya, chosen because I am a complete nerd and it's my username/character name for the numerous video games I play; why not use it for this, too? Anyhoo, as said in the title, I am from Canada: British Columbia to be exact! It's crazy, I've always been obsessed with ocean stuff and it never really occurred to me that I could actually do something about it, like I don't know, actually be a mermaid?! It's so nifty to see a community of people that share this same interest.
Unfortunately, I do not have a tail yet. I literally just discovered that this is actually a thing like, a week ago. I am a very strong swimmer, as I first learned how to swim when I was about 1 year old in my aunt's pool. When I was old enough to take swimming lessons you bet your bottom I was there! The last few years however I've sorry of veered from swimming to pursue fire-fighting and paramedicine.
Anyhoo, I'd just like to say I am super excited to take part in such a fantastically awesome hobby! ;)

Mermaid Wesley
05-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaGlass Siren
05-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Oh canadaaaa our home and native land!

Yiss another Canadian :) welcome to the forum avya! Hope You enjoy it here

AniaR
05-09-2014, 06:34 PM
We may be moving to b.c. from NS. Not sure yet. Welcome!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Kishiko
05-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the forum!

PS. Raina but then you won't be the Halidax mermaid anymore and that just doesn't work .-.

Avya
05-10-2014, 04:58 AM
Ooo Raina I would love to work with you if you do!!! And hey, "West Coast Mermaids" has a nice ring to it. ;D

MerMatt
05-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Welcome to the forums fellow Canadian.

AniaR
05-10-2014, 02:18 PM
If we do move I totally plan on starting up a company and hiring other. :)

Avya
05-11-2014, 04:31 AM
Woo! :D