PDA

View Full Version : We've just installed a classifieds system for MerNetwork. Discuss it here!

malinghi
05-10-2014, 06:24 PM
We've just installed a system for classified ads. You can see it in the navigation bar. We're just trying it out for now and there's no guarantee we're going to keep it. Anyway, try it out and let use know what you think.

Kishiko
05-10-2014, 06:31 PM
I was looking at posting adds, maybe for a category you could add like an "other: option. That way maybe someone is looking for fabric, or beads, or other supplies/items that arent tails, accessories, or monofins

malinghi
05-10-2014, 06:43 PM
I was looking at posting adds, maybe for a category you could add like an "other: option. That way maybe someone is looking for fabric, or beads, or other supplies/items that arent tails, accessories, or monofins

Good idea. I just added categories for "Parts and Materials" and "Other". Keep the feedback coming!

Marlin
05-10-2014, 06:58 PM
There is going to be a way to add a SOLD tag to these when the product is no longer available right? I know one of the sticking points with selling things on MN before, is you had to dig a little bit to see if it was still even available for purchase.

I do like that you can see the price up-front and that it includes sections to post multiple pictures of the object. Looks like a good feature so far. :thumbs up:

Arella
05-10-2014, 08:07 PM
This is so cool!

malinghi
05-10-2014, 09:28 PM
There is going to be a way to add a SOLD tag to these when the product is no longer available right?

Yeah, people can choose to buy items, after which they're no longer listed as available. The person selling the item can choose to turn that off if they have multiples of an item and want to keep selling them even after someone has chosen to buy one.

XMermaidMarinaX
05-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Awesome!

Marlin
05-10-2014, 11:43 PM
Sweet. Sounds great. I'm loving the new feature guys. :D

Mermaid Marissa
05-16-2014, 04:08 PM
I could see the offers I posted. I keep getting a "fatal error" every time I click on it :p

PS this is a super cool idea! I really dig it haha

AniaR
05-16-2014, 04:55 PM
awesome I am going to test it out.

AniaR
05-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Can we add a "services" tab? There's people who will take commissions on all sorts of mermaid related things, or who make logos, or build websites etc

Pascal21M
06-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Will the classifeds thread here deleted?

malinghi
06-02-2014, 02:16 AM
Can we add a "services" tab? There's people who will take commissions on all sorts of mermaid related things, or who make logos, or build websites etc

I'm not sure how to add something that specifically says services, but I think it should be possible to sell and trade services on the classifieds system.

Will the classifeds thread here deleted?

They won't be deleted, at least for now. We're waiting to see how people react to this new feature, and how to make the classifies work as smoothly as possible.

Winged Mermaid
02-17-2015, 08:17 PM
From user function and feedback we've determined that the classifieds mod wasn't being used or well received. It has been removed.