PDA

View Full Version : Working on a new swimmable top

Talia
05-12-2014, 12:22 PM
I am so excited about the new top, I just wanted to share.

It's just the beginning, but it's coming along great - at least I love it:

My mother is helping me with the sewing. I cannot sew to save my live! This is another take on the net covered top: a shrug net top! I have a large bust, and although I am very modest while dressing, I feel self-conscious in a bikini. I have the impression my boobs are coming out... :jawdrop:

PearlieMae
05-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Oooh! I like the start you have on this!

Mermaid Galene
05-12-2014, 01:18 PM
That's really pretty already! Look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Talia
05-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Thanks, Pearlie and Galene!
It still lacks a lot of embelishments, but my mother just finished sewing the net!

It's not the classical net I have seen used, but I could not get ahold of one of those - many sellers just would not ship to Spain. So a friend of mine that lives near the coast got this one for me from a woman that makes them by hand and sells them to fishermen. It's completely new, so no funny odors of any kind... It has a pretty reddish-brown color.

Mermaid Galene
05-12-2014, 04:01 PM
I actually really like the smaller holes of this net. I wonder if something similar could be found here in the U.S.

sashiyoop
05-12-2014, 09:57 PM
@Mermaid Galene Ditto. It looks like it could hold accessories much better than something with larger holes.I love the shirt-like design. It's a lot more modest than a net bikini and has more room to be creative with whatever you decide to embellish it with.

Talia
05-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Update!!

More pics - Sorry about the quality, they were taken with a cell phone:

The "shirt" is already in place, and today we began to attach the greenies. I have the impression I should put more branches because it looks to me a bit deserted. I don't know, what do you guys think?

The next step is to attach the shells over the cups. It should look something like this:

Just so you can have a laugh, the greenies are from a plant I bought in IKEA for about $4.

I am trying to delete the double pics posted, but I can't find out how to delete the attachments. Still working on it, but if admins want to help I'd be grateful. Sorry about the ginormous pics!

Mermaid Calah
05-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Oh that's so lovely! Really, I adore the design! I can't wait to see it all finished <3

Talia
05-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Thank you Calah!

Kumori Kitsune
05-18-2014, 06:19 PM
Looking good so far

selkie13
05-19-2014, 12:32 PM
That's cool, what kind of netting are you using? I've always wondered but I can't 4ber it being mentioned.