PDA

View Full Version : Sample contracts?

shimmygoddess
05-16-2014, 10:31 AM
I always use a contract when booking a dance gig, but am unsure as to what to include for a mermaid gig? Are there any sample contracts or something someone is willing to share to give me an idea on what to include?

Thanks

Mermaid Momo
05-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Maybe something about canceling the gig? (like a cancellation fee? or a deadline in which they are able to cancel without a fee?), Something stating that you can't be held responsible for any cancellations you may make because of unpreventable things (like weather, or a car accident on the freeway, or blocked roads or something) and that if you do cancel, they don't have to pay you? Or what about something about a down deposit to show that they are serious about having you at their event, Like a $10 booking fee or something?

shimmygoddess
05-16-2014, 11:12 AM
thanks!

BayouMermaid
05-16-2014, 12:07 PM
I know Raina has her booking agreement on her website if you want to take a look at hers. I'm sure there are some things that you could apply.

Kishiko
05-16-2014, 12:46 PM
You can also look at mine. It's based off of other mers so feel free! (: it's on my Facebook page

AniaR
05-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Yeah my booking agreement is getting an upgrade but a lawyer is looking at it Now

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

shimmygoddess
05-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Thanks everyone, appreciate the help. I met with them today to finalize the details. We have a whole skit planned..so excited!!

shimmygoddess
05-16-2014, 01:27 PM
I made sure we talked about having staff available to deal with kids that are too excited and to help prevent and damage to costuming. LOL. The last festival we did, kids are so excited, they kept touching my seashells...awkward :) LOL

AniaR
05-16-2014, 01:28 PM
They always go for the boobs

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Harmony
05-16-2014, 01:54 PM
It won't let me attach mine, but I have stuff about cancellations, how I'll do my best to get a replacement if I can't come, but I'll refund them if it's me cancelling, how I need someone to carry me and a space to change, I'm not a lifeguard, I can't be held liable when swimming, etc.