PDA

View Full Version : what to put in an email

selkie13
05-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Ok, so my local pool says I can use my mermaid tail in the local pool if I write an email to their manager. The only problem is what do I put in it that can persuade her.....
Any ideas is brilliant I'm kind of stuck since I suck at writing official-ish sounding emails at any length.

Kishiko
05-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Just be straightforward with what you are trying to do. People don't want a bunch of hints and misleading info, just say it like it is. The more confident you sound about your hobby, the more confident they will be in your ability to use your tail

selkie13
05-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Yeah but I can't just say. I want to swim in my mermaid tail in your pool, can I please. I need to somehow prove to her its a good idea

Mermaid Isabel(:
05-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Tell her it will draw attention to the pool and make kids want to come back to see the "mermaid" so it would be a profit to allow you to swim there.

AniaR
05-28-2014, 10:16 PM
sometimes less is more ;)

if you give them too much info they suddenly think of too many liabilities. Short and sweet can always work with a "please feel free to ask me any specific questions", I've only ever had one pool refuse us, the YMCA, and they said it was because they don't want outside entertainers.

BayouMermaid
05-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Here's what I say when contacting pools:

"My name is ______, and I would like to know if I may use my mermaid tail at your pool. My tail is made out of spandex swim fabric, has a special fin inside, and is designed for swimming. Attached to this email is a picture of the tail for reference. If there are any questions, please let me know. I look forward to your response."

Very few places have actually turned me down. Those that have turned me down have rules against fins.