PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Aspiring Mermaid Seeking Advice!

manazombie
05-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Greetings!

I've been obsessed with mermaids since childhood, but I only recently discovered the mermaid community. I've always had a passion for swimming and especially for the ocean, and after a lot of though, I've decided that I want to get my own tail, with the goal of eventually (after many years) working up to a silicone tail. I've found a ton of resources, but it's a bit overwhelming, and I'm not quite sure where to start, or even where I should get my first tail. Any help or directing to guides would be extremely appreciated!
A little random personal information to introduce myself: I'm a college student living in northern Washington (US). Since my husband is in the Navy, I move around quite a bit, but I'm always close to the ocean (it is the Navy, after all). I have a cat named Reina. For my tenth birthday, eight different people ended up giving me the same Little Mermaid doll.

P.S. I'm sorry if this is the wrong part of the site to post in (?), but I wasn't entirely sure where was best to post... Please don't kill me! :sweat drop:

Mermaid Wesley
05-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Hi! Welcome! I'm partial to magictails for starters, personally. Its just up to you and what you like!

manazombie
05-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the advice! :)
I've considered buying from them, but I was also considering ordering from Mermaids of Hawaii just for a bit more customization. This is all so new to me, and the tail is only a small part of what I need to consider, but it's all really exciting!

AniaR
05-28-2014, 10:12 PM
you might enjoy my book www.makemeamermaid.com that really sums up everything in a neat easy to read package with a resource section and index (you can get a digital copy)

I also have a free youtube series that addresses many things: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL8BBR9r-Pi-RWPAUXZrcbDs25GArBhEk&feature=mh_lolz

I offer workshops online too :)

manazombie
05-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Thanks! :)
I've actually been watching your videos for a couple of weeks now, and they've been really helpful.