PDA

View Full Version : Hello Friends!

Mermaid Clara
06-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Hi everybody! I've been putting my introduction off for a while now, but here it is!
my name is Kelly and I love my human name so I decided to use it as my mermaid and fairy name. I'm Kelly Mermaid or Kelly the Rainbow Mermaid and Kelly Fairy or Kelly the Rainbow Fairy.
if you couldn't tell my favorite color is rainbow :) I'm currently in the works of a latex mermaid tail and creating my fairy persona. I've also finished a orange spandex tail that I spent a month drawing on the scales and fluke rays on with brown fabric marker and sadly my maiden voyage to the sacrament meet up at the YMCA in Downtown Sac, the epic amounts of chlorine bleached a good amount of the marker out of my tail... I'm 17 years old (turning 18 in August) and I just graduated high school last month. My goals as a mermaid and fairy is to keep kids creative and inspire creativity and imagination. I honestly love kids to death and have been working with them at my church for 5 or 6 years now. I'm also currently trying to learn the awesome art of face painting! I suffer from severe anxiety and have been diagnosed with mild depression at an early age. I know this is all over the place and might not make much sense... oh! I'm also writing several mermaid novels , but all I have down are the ideas for them...
anyway... I don't know what else to add and I feel like I'm leaving something out but at the moment it is escaping my mind...
-Kelly Mermaid <3

Meshy
06-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Welcome!! YAY, another Cali mermaid! Too bad you're so north though, I'm way, way, way down south in the San Diego County area, near the Mexican border!

If you haven't already, you should join the Facebook Cali Mer-pod (https://www.facebook.com/groups/271568969577492/). Events are mostly posted there, we try to remember to post here too, but sometimes we're too excited and forget!

Orange is my favorite color, your tail sounds fantastic, too bad the marker didn't work out. Maybe with the tips you find here some fabric paint may work better for you! You sound like quite an artist! Have fun here!

ShyMer
06-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Nice to meet you! I'm sorry to hear that your marker washed out of your orange tail, I would have been in tears!
Good luck with your latex tail!