PDA

View Full Version : Fun Fin Mermaid Tails

Mermaid Jaffa
06-07-2014, 12:28 AM
I came across this video and website recently. Anyone heard of them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjl1NJ9tRvE
http://www.fun-fin.com/home.html

Meshy
06-07-2014, 01:59 AM
I have 2 tails from them, and have a review here! I love them and they've got a new set of tails that just came out! I highly recommend them for a fun first timer fabric tail.

Mermaid Jaffa
06-07-2014, 03:50 AM
I have 2 tails from them, and have a review here! I love them and they've got a new set of tails that just came out! I highly recommend them for a fun first timer fabric tail.

No, Meshy. They are not Fin Fun. I know because I have bought swimmers from Fin Fun and other stuff, their website looks different.

These people, Fun Fin are in Canada.

Meshy
06-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Sorry about that, I read this late and after a 20 hour day (8 hours of work, then played at a theme park!)

Mermaid Wesley
06-07-2014, 12:53 PM
That's really confusing! Ummm... I do not know..... O.o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShyMer
06-07-2014, 12:58 PM
That's going to be confusing... fun fin and fin fun? Hmm.

Mermaid Adriel
06-07-2014, 01:41 PM
I've read Fin Fun, too... however, never heard of Fun Fin ._.

Trade Winds
06-07-2014, 03:24 PM
I haven't heard of them either. Very confusing too. o_O.Why would they choose a name so similar to another tailmaker?

Fin Fun, tho, yeah, I'd recommend them!

Mermaid Jaffa
06-07-2014, 10:47 PM
I haven't heard of them either. Very confusing too. o_O.Why would they choose a name so similar to another tailmaker?

Ikr! When I first saw their video I thought it might have been an offshoot of the original Fin Fun business. But when I looked at the other website its totally different and the monofins are different too. They are cut Finis ones not the plastic type Fin Fun has. So seeing I'm still new to all this, I thought I'd ask if they are the same company or not...

MerEmma
06-07-2014, 11:01 PM
They should really consider a name change, lol. Especially with Fin Fun having gotten as popular as it has!

Winged Mermaid
06-07-2014, 11:30 PM
I left a comment on their video suggesting a name change, hopefully they consider it. I kind of wonder if they did that on purpose to try and tap into Fin Fun's customer base/following?

Miami Beach Mermaids
06-23-2014, 04:41 PM
This company is so unethical. MARY WAS A CUSTOMER OF MINE AND SHE PURCHASED 2 TAILS, 2 tops AND 2 CUSTOM CUT MONOFINS, for her kids to use on their vacation. Now she took my tails, tops, custom cut fin to use as a pro type. To start up her own mermaid tail making business. She even used the tops, tails and fins I made her for her images to advertise. She is so wrong for doing what she is doing. Not only did she steel my ruffle fluke design and use my work to market her busines but to make matters worse she is calling herself Fun-Fin just like Fin Fun. It's such a fraudulent company just trying to copy everyone else to make money. Evil just plain evil. I think of my mermaid tail making business as an art form. It's my passion I love creating things. When someone takes my designs and my techniques that I worked so hard on. I take it very personal. Don't do business with this lady she's a thief. No respect no shame. KARMA THAT'S ALL I GOT TO SAY. I hate copycats.

Mermaid Lily_Pad
06-25-2014, 06:06 PM
OMG thats horrible!...Can't you sue? Isn't there a copyright infringement or anything you can do?

Arella
06-25-2014, 06:16 PM
That's terrible I'm sorry that happened. Quality work speaks for itself though :)

Trade Winds
06-25-2014, 08:46 PM
I also saw Fun Fin on ebay with 0 feedback. I can't find them again tho...but it was obviously them from how they put fun fin on their pix.

shimmygoddess
06-25-2014, 09:13 PM
I totally read that is 'Fin Fun' at first too....There is only one reason someone would purposely do that, and it is to cause confusion b/c the other is well known. That is total crap. When searching a name to use for your company they would have typed that in the check and I bet the other site came up. Switching the words up like that to create a business name just like someone else is totally unprofessional and unethical in my opinion.

shimmygoddess
06-25-2014, 09:17 PM
This company is so unethical. MARY WAS A CUSTOMER OF MINE AND SHE PURCHASED 2 TAILS, 2 tops AND 2 CUSTOM CUT MONOFINS, for her kids to use on their vacation. Now she took my tails, tops, custom cut fin to use as a pro type. To start up her own mermaid tail making business. She even used the tops, tails and fins I made her for her images to advertise. She is so wrong for doing what she is doing. Not only did she steel my ruffle fluke design and use my work to market her busines but to make matters worse she is calling herself Fun-Fin just like Fin Fun. It's such a fraudulent company just trying to copy everyone else to make money. Evil just plain evil. I think of my mermaid tail making business as an art form. It's my passion I love creating things. When someone takes my designs and my techniques that I worked so hard on. I take it very personal. Don't do business with this lady she's a thief. No respect no shame. KARMA THAT'S ALL I GOT TO SAY. I hate copycats.

OMG..so I just read this and am even more burned up now. copycats are all around and this pisses me off like you wouldnt believe. I am going to share on my page about how not to do business with them..ugh!

Mer-lee
06-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Wow. Just wow. Why would they choose a name so similar to Fin Fun? What makes it worse is that someone could type "Fin Fun" in as "Fun Fin" and come across their website, which I actually just proved wrong since searching "Fun Fin" into Google brings up Fin Fun. And the fact they copied Miami Beach Mermaids tails is just sad. I definitely won't be ordering from them!

Mer-lee
06-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Forgot this in my comment but when I went to the website "www.funfin.com"(easy mispelling of "www.fun-fin.com") guess where my computer brought me? FinFun!

SeaChange
08-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Hope this isn't reviving an old thread BUT I just purchased a monofin from these guys, not realizing that they werent manufacturing their own, but rather, modifying Finis fins and removing the branding. I like my monofin, but it has scuffs and rough edges where it was cut, and a sticker slapped on over the worst of the scratches. They are careful never to mention Finis anywhere on their website, though they do keep the type names associated with the monofins (mine was labelled as a "wave junior").

Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I posted in mor edetail about them here (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?8928-Fun-Fin-(not-Fin-fun)-monofin), if anyone wants a closer look at the product.

Trade Winds
08-21-2014, 08:40 AM
That's pretty suspcious, tbh. They are moving/avoiding any brand association and practically call it their own.

Sent from my LG-D520 using Tapatalk