PDA

View Full Version : Merbella or Mermaid Creations

Mermaid Syaira
06-07-2014, 03:29 AM
Hi guys,
I'm looking to buy a silicone tail but I'm currently tossing up between Merbella Studios or Mermaid Creations...

What do you guys recommend?

Merman Arion
06-07-2014, 03:49 AM
I suggest that you go with either Merbella, Sirenalia, Finfolk or Mernation. I know from a reliable source that Jesse, the owner of Mermaid Creations, isn't much into tailmaking anymore so you might want to consider going with someone else. That is, if you want a quality tail where the tailmaker pour his soul and art on it. Each of them go with different pricings but they are worth it. Good luck :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Winged Mermaid
06-07-2014, 04:43 AM
If you have the money, I'd suggest to go with Merbella Studios. But I went with Merbella Studios so there's that ;) If it helps here are some differences:

-Merbellas does completely custom and even intricate paint jobs with amazing blending, Mermaid Creations tends to only do only 2-3 colors on their tails and he doesn't tend to blend colors
-Merbellas performance tails are 25-30lbs, Mermaid Creations have been 35-50lbs
-Merbellas order spots are really hard to come by and the waiting time can be anywhere from 2-12 months (4-8 months is more typical); Mermaid Creations is not taking any more orders until futher notice (noted May 12th) but normally as far as I know he has readily available spots and I believe his tails take a few months, though there are no estimates on his website
-Merbella Studios has a 1 year warranty with 3 and lifetime warranties available for purchase, Mermaid Creation tails come with lifetime warranties
-Merbella tails have very well blended seams, you don't notice them unless you're up close and looking typicaly; Mermaid Creations has unblended very obvious seams
-Merbella tails you can't see the monofin texture or color though the fluke; Mermaid Creations you can typically see a bit of the shape and sometimes even the color of the monofin through the fluke.
-Merbella tails have lots of fluke options, good bit of extra fin options, and 2 scale options; Mermaid creations has 1 fluke option, 2 scale options, and as far as I know 1 set of extra fin options.
-Merbella tails can be completely repainted - completely if you really wanted to, or small alterations; Mermaid Creations tails can't be repainted (this can be an issue if you need your tail taken in, as if taking in the tail messes up the color design it can't be repainted to be fixed).
-Merbella basic tails start at $1,500 and performance tails at $2,600; Mermaid Creations tails start at $1,500

AniaR
06-07-2014, 10:20 AM
I have one of each. feel free to message me.

Ayla of Duluth
06-07-2014, 01:23 PM
I had a Merbellas tail, I really liked it, but then my tastes in tails changed so I sold it to go with Finfolk Productions. I recommend either of these two tail makers, but if you're set on either merbellas or mermaid creations, then definitely merbellas, hands down.

Mermaid Adriel
06-08-2014, 05:26 AM
I don't have a tail of them, but at this point, I suggest you Merbellas.

MerMatt
06-08-2014, 02:11 PM
My two cents.....I have a Mermaid Creations tail and love it. However, I would suggest to go with Merbella's or even Finfolk Productions tails instead. As per Mermaid Creations Facebook page from last month, I don't believe Jesse is taking any more tail orders until he catches up on his current orders and even after that who knows if he will take more. He does do this on the side of his regular job.

Mermaid Syaira
06-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Thanks for all your opinions they really helped =)
I have decided to go with Merbellas =) thanks again

Chrissy
06-12-2014, 08:42 AM
I love the MerBella tails, she seems like she really pours her heart and soul into these tails!! Not to. Emotion the amazingaccessories she has!!!