PDA

View Full Version : Calling All SATown Mers

Kaila Mermaid
06-12-2014, 09:14 PM
I'm moving to San Antonio and my apartment complex only has a four foot deep pool. Any San Antonio mers know of a good place to stretch your fins? I haven't had much luck in my quest for rivers, lakes, and pools.

Mermaid Little Jewel
08-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Hey Kaila,

My name is Lori, I am from SA, just joined Mernetwork.
I am new to this whole mermaiding thing.

I don't know any of the pools in SA.... I don't even know
How to swim-yet. I haven't heard of any other SA mers
Until I saw your post. Would you like to maybe contact
Me sometime. We could grab a bite to eat, or chat, perhaps.
I hope to hear from you!

Lori L. Simpson

Mermaid Meara
08-27-2014, 12:14 AM
"Just a short drive away, in the Texas Hill Country, numerous crystal, and cold, rivers lace the tree-lined countryside. During the summer, tubing and rafting are a must do.The Guadalupe River has numerous outfitters to equip you for tubing and rafting under oak and cedar canopies. Upstream is Canyon Lake, billed as the “water recreation capital of Texas,” which has more than half a dozen shoreline parks and numerous boat ramps to put swimming, skiing, camping, hiking, fishing and more all within an easy one-stop reach.
Closer to San Antonio is Guadalupe River State Park, where activities range from tubing and canoeing to fishing and camping. The park recently opened a 5.3-mile horse trail that's also open to mountain biking. In New Braunfels, the tube chute on the spring-fed Comal River is “the longest in the world” and happens to be on Texas' shortest river. Blanco State Park, within the historic town of Blanco, offers swimming and fishing plus tube, two-person kayak, and canoe rentals. And cool water flowing over limestone outcroppings is the draw for the cypress-shaded Frio River near Concan, Texas."

From http://visitsanantonio.com/Mobile/Explore-San-Antonio/Events/Summer-Fun/Summer-Swimming-Holes/

I'm not in SA but I found this for you.

Mermaid Little Jewel
08-27-2014, 12:24 AM
Thanks Mermaid Meara!

Kaila Mermaid
08-27-2014, 01:10 AM
Hello Lori! How nice to meet you. That would be fun and we should definitely try and hang out some time. I'll PM you :dance:
Thank you for the list, Meara. I moved from a town north of SA so I know of a lot of the spots around the area, just not in the actual town lol. The Guadalupe is still a 30 min drive from where I was living, and that's even farther now :/ . And I got all excited thinking you were in San Antonio, too! Thank you for the info!

Mermaid Meara
08-27-2014, 02:30 AM
I see.
I am still a Texas mermaid, just about a 5 1/2 hour drive all the way up in the Midland/Odessa area. If either of you ever want to do a meet up let me know. I'm quite willing to drive down and there are a lot more watering holes down there than up here.

Mermaid Corabelle
08-27-2014, 02:35 AM
I am new here, but I am a Texas mermaid too. I have hopes of establishing myself as Mermaid Corabelle here in Corpus Christi. If you guys manage to arrange a meetup I would love to attend. I hope to launch my own business within the year. I'd be willing to drive to SA or wherever the gathering might be. If you guys venture to the Coastal Bend we could have a load of fun here on North Padre Island!

Mermaid Little Jewel
08-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Cool, Mermaid Corabelle!

Kaila Mermaid
08-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Nice to meet you, Corabelle! It would be cool to plan a coastal mer-meet sometime. I've yet to swim in the ocean with my tail.

Sherielle
08-28-2014, 02:44 PM
I'll be in San Antonio next month for Fantomfest.

SeaVixen
09-01-2014, 05:47 PM
I've been to San Marcos natural springs at Spring Lake. Crystal clear and some films were done there. I'm down further south though in the victoria area :( I'm only here for a few years then moving to lake jackson so I'll be close to Galveston and there's mammoth lake in lake jackson too. It's a diving center. Man made lake. I can't wait to get outta here!!!

Kaila Mermaid
09-25-2014, 07:19 PM
I sadly don't know what Fantomfest is >~< . Ooo I've never been to the Victoria area but I love Galveston. :)

Sent from the bottom of the sea using Tapatalk

Sherielle
09-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Fantomfest is this weekend at the Menger. it's a sort of horror/paranormal/cosplay convention. It's going to be small but I'm going to have a table selling my jewelry

Kaila Mermaid
09-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Ooo! That sounds really fun

Sent from the bottom of the sea using Tapatalk