PDA

View Full Version : Anyone around the RI/MA/CT area?

Forrest
06-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Hello! I haven't seen a ton of Mer activity in New England, so I was wondering if there was anyone around the area currently!

I myself am near Providence RI, and I travel rather frequently, all the way over to New Hampshire (where I just did a Ren Faire!).

I'm hoping to maybe get some mers together while the summer is still new and warm! :)

Echinacea
06-25-2014, 10:42 PM
There are several of us around the area, I think we have just been quiet lately. I'm in MA, and I know there are a couple of others here, plus another in RI, some in NY (both upstate and NYC). I belong to a health club that has a couple of nice pools, one indoors and one outdoors, and they are quite mer-friendly. Rose Lanai, down in the NYC area, has been putting together several mer-meetups on Coney Island for this summer, and I am hoping to get people to come to Cape Cod for a weekend sometime in August.

SINicallyTwisted
06-25-2014, 10:48 PM
Hello! I haven't seen a ton of Mer activity in New England, so I was wondering if there was anyone around the area currently!

I myself am near Providence RI, and I travel rather frequently, all the way over to New Hampshire (where I just did a Ren Faire!).

I'm hoping to maybe get some mers together while the summer is still new and warm! :)

Looking at your avatar, you look wicked familiar to me. Were you one of the faeries from NHRF on both weekends?

MermaidIndie
06-25-2014, 11:30 PM
I'm in Connecticut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Mermaid
06-25-2014, 11:43 PM
Lanai here, we have a few Meetups starting June 29th, July 12th and 20th. Coney island beach 1pm to 4pm

Josephine Boone
06-26-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm in Boston...would love to meet up with other mers!

Forrest
07-03-2014, 08:47 PM
@Echinacea (http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?2588-Echinacea) I could probably make it to an August Cape Cod meetup! Keep me posted! :o

@SINicallyTwisted (http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?2367-SINicallyTwisted) Yes! I was the 'Autumn' fairie from Fairies of the Solstice with the horns and faun-face! I got put in your swinging cage, haha!

@New York Mermaid (http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?23-New-York-Mermaid) I might be able to make the 20th, but I am not sure. I just started a new job and Sundays are my only days off at the moment. Hopefully I can join in soon though!

SINicallyTwisted
07-03-2014, 10:45 PM
@SINicallyTwisted (http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?2367-SINicallyTwisted) Yes! I was the 'Autumn' fairie from Fairies of the Solstice with the horns and faun-face! I got put in your swinging cage, haha!

EEEEE!!! HELLO my adorable fairie friend from NHRF! It's so good to see you here! I hope to see you and the others again! I got quite a kick out of you guys! :hug:

LOL Yes, they put me in the cage too. I was a naughty little mer and stole someone's crown. First time at a ren and what's the first thing I do? Steal a crown! But does it still count as stealing when I'm looking directly at the person when I swiped it off his head and then that person gets caught up in conversation and walks away leaving it with me? hehehe :eyebrows:

OrcaMatt
07-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Love faun-face, so much! :D

Merman_Shawn
07-09-2014, 08:14 PM
I live in Johnston RI. So I'm like 10 minutes away. :P

Aquarianne
07-09-2014, 09:30 PM
I visit my folks a lot near Hartford CT, so I'm up there often!

Forrest
07-09-2014, 09:37 PM
So this is sounding like there should definitely be more meetups in RI, haha.

@SINicallyTwisted (http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?2367-SINicallyTwisted) hahaha, that sounds hilarious. XD I want a crown. :I And it would be great to see you again! I would love some pointers on how you constantly look fabulous haha.

therobopirate
07-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Hi Everyone-

I'm in Rockland, MA- south of Boston. New to the world of mermaid-ing. I don't yet have my own tail, but hope to get one soon! Anyone in the South Shore area?

Mermaid Margo
07-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Hey, I'm just outside of Providence myself, and quite simply amazed to know that there ARE other mers around here, lol.
I'm hoping to have my tail by mid-August and would love to attend the Cape Cod meetup! I go every year and while I've
made the trip once already, I certainly wouldn't mind going again. ^^

Echinacea
07-28-2014, 05:14 PM
I am planning a Mer-gathering for the weekend of August 16/17 on Cape Cod, at Hen Cove in Pocasset (one of the little villages of Bourne). I have some sleeping space available, and some room to pitch tents. Or just come for one day or the other! High tide is at 1:30 PM on Saturday, 8/16, and at 2:30 PM on Sunday, 8/17. In case of lousy beach weather, there is a small, free aquarium in Woods Hole we could go visit. I will have some stuff on hand for breakfast both days, and sandwich makings for lunches. Feel free to bring goodies to share. This is also about the time of year that the cove has lots of little harmless (no stingers) jellyfish in the water, that will glow a lovely pale blue color when you bump them, so there may well be a nighttime swim with the jellyfish on Saturday night.

Seraphina Suds
07-28-2014, 05:37 PM
You're so cute! It sounds like you're planning a mermaid bed and breakfast! :3

Mermaid Margo
07-28-2014, 08:54 PM
Out of all the times I've been to the Cape, I've never been to Pocasset. Sounds like an awesome idea, and so generous of you! I hope that it works out and that I get my tail in time.

Echinacea
07-29-2014, 11:42 AM
*chuckle* That would be fun to do a mer B & B! It is mostly that it can be expensive trying to find a place to stay on the Cape in the summer, so I am trying to give people who live farther away a bit of a break. I am lucky enough to have a large house in my family, so I have 6 twin beds and a double bed available. So far, I know of three people coming, with two more possibles, and one mermaid is coming just for Sunday. Feel free to PM me here if you want to come and need a place to stay for Saturday night, or if you can come on either day.

Seraphina Suds
07-29-2014, 12:21 PM
I wish I could go, but I don't think I can afford to take the time off from work. :c Gotta save for a winter vacation.

Echinacea
07-29-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm hoping to do it again next year, so people keep that in mind for next August! :)

Mermaid Lyra
08-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Echinancea,
I love this idea! I would love to come for a day or night swim even if your still planning on it!!

Echinacea
08-11-2014, 03:53 PM
I am still planning to go down Saturday and come back Sunday. High tide for Saturday is about 1:30 PM, high tide for Sunday is 2:30 PM. Send me a PM if you are interested in coming, and which day(s), and I will send you directions, address (if you use Google maps or a GPS or whatever). I have some beds available, but you would need to bring a set of sheets or a sleeping bag or something. Currently, I only know of three coming - myself and MerMarla for Saturday/Sunday and Amanda Picardi for Sunday. We will probably go out someplace local for seafood for supper on Saturday.

Aquarianne
08-11-2014, 10:56 PM
I am still planning to go down Saturday and come back Sunday. High tide for Saturday is about 1:30 PM, high tide for Sunday is 2:30 PM. Send me a PM if you are interested in coming, and which day(s), and I will send you directions, address (if you use Google maps or a GPS or whatever). I have some beds available, but you would need to bring a set of sheets or a sleeping bag or something. Currently, I only know of three coming - myself and MerMarla for Saturday/Sunday and Amanda Picardi for Sunday. We will probably go out someplace local for seafood for supper on Saturday.

Oh wow, I'd love to come, and since I'm going to be up in northern ct that weekend to see my parents, I WILL be in the area! my sister used to live near there I think, in Sandwich. That's nearby right? It was near Bourne if I recall.

I will have to double check to make sure I can come for saturday...I have a thing on sunday so I would only be checking in for the day and I'm not sure if my dad wants me to go to a family bbq in MA on saturday instead, but if not, count me in! :D I JUST finished my first tail, so I can't wait to swim in it!

Mermaid Isabel
10-21-2014, 04:42 AM
Hello over there! I've just spent a year in Greenfield MA, up in the Franklyn county! how are you guys? I miss Massachusetts so bad!!!! especially your food, I'm really fond of Boston's clam chowder and New England red lobster! I hope we could meet up someday when I'm back! :mermaid kiss: Greetings from Italy!!!!!

Kitaronicus
10-21-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm constantly traveling between the Hartford (CT) area and Boston.

I would really love to meet some mers in person!

Mermaid Lyra
11-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm about to move to Providence RI... anyone have any suggestions on where to swim in the winter?

MermaidAmy781
11-08-2014, 08:39 PM
I would also love to know where people swim in the winter. I am just south of Boston, MA

Echinacea
11-12-2014, 10:50 AM
I live in Marlborough, MA and belong to a racquet/swim club that has an indoor lap pool that is cool with people swimming in tails. It is not very deep (3' in the shallow end, 6' in the deep end), but it is a place to swim! I am allowed to bring guests ($15/person for admission for the day), so if you would like to come swim sometime, let me know.

Emmadives
11-13-2014, 12:58 AM
I'm new and waiting for my tail to arrive (ordered last month!) but I'm in Waltham! In the summer I go up to Cape Ann/Gloucester frequently to dive. Nice to meet fellow New England mermaids!

Dreadful Mermaids
01-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Hello I'm new to the forum. Mer at heart but no tail just yet. I'm in Rhode Island. 27 years old in Woonsocket at the moment but originally from Pawtucket. Nice to meet you all :D

Mermaid Meredith
01-18-2015, 10:48 AM
I'm in the same boat as you Dreadful Mermaids 27 years old no tail yet(hopefully in the coming year) and I live on the southcoast Massachusetts area. Nice to meet you too!

Dreadful Mermaids
01-23-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm in the same boat as you Dreadful Mermaids 27 years old no tail yet(hopefully in the coming year) and I live on the southcoast Massachusetts area. Nice to meet you too!
I hope to also get (or make) my own within the coming year. Who knows maybe our merpowers don't come in until our 28th birthdays [emoji227] [emoji12]

Mermaid Meredith
01-24-2015, 06:25 AM
Maybe that's the secret!!!

TaurielTheElementMerfairy
05-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a beginner merfairy from North Adams but I live in Adams Massachusetts who got her first fabric tail with monofin, matching tankini top, bikini top and bikini bottom from Fin Fun Mermaids in October 2014 and I have been trying to find someone near me that can bring me to this years mermaid parade and mermaid meets since me and my fiancé don't have a car.
Since I have never been to neither of them before either and who ever could come and pick me up and bring me home so that I can go to them, I could try to see if I can offer them some gas money so that I can go to them.
If anyone can pick me up and bring me to turn and back home please let me know as soon as you can about everything that I said above so that I can start saving up money for any of them if I do get to go to any of them and try to get my stuff ready in time if I do get to go and as soon as I find out what I'll need to bring with me to them besides my mermaid stuff.
:D :) :D :) :D :)

Marinus Mortimer
08-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Im courrently located in Puerto Rico, Caribbean Sea but i'm going to move back to New Britain CT this October, hope to meet lots of Mers because i'm the only Mer in my Island.

waterspirit
08-31-2015, 12:50 AM
South shore Mer !!

makeupmermaid22
01-05-2016, 01:43 PM
I'm near Boston too. Too cold to swim now though.

makeupmermaid22
01-05-2016, 01:44 PM
I'm waiting for my tail to arrive. I live close to there.

Mermaid Meredith
01-30-2016, 08:23 AM
South shore Mer !!
Hi water spirit!
South shore of what state? :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Raquel Skellington
02-04-2016, 02:28 PM
Well seeing as a made a doof of myself in the wrong pod....
Hi guys! Time to introduce myself to the pod! Everyone calls me Rocky and my fairy/mer persona is called Reawyn (aka Rini!)

I'm from Long Island, New York~ I have a car so i don't mind driving around to go to events or meet ups!

I can take the Ferry to Ct it'll take all of....45 minutes? hahha

waterspirit
02-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Hi water spirit!
South shore of what state? :)

Massachusetts

Follow my mermaid tumblr
Water--spirit.tumblr.com

Mermaid Meredith
02-04-2016, 04:17 PM
It seems everyone else is upper massachusetts. I usually stick around Westport waters in the summer.

waterspirit
02-04-2016, 04:28 PM
It seems everyone else is upper massachusetts. I usually stick around Westport waters in the summer.

I might have to check it out!

Follow my mermaid tumblr
Water--spirit.tumblr.com

babsannee
02-21-2016, 09:56 PM
Anyone in/around Boston?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mermaids-and-anchors
02-21-2016, 10:32 PM
I live in NY. I know a few people that live in MA. I do plan to go into the Boston area in April/May/June when my friend moves there to do some mermaid things. If we do find a pool, I'll be sure to contact you, Mermaid Pearl Bae :)

makeupmermaid22
02-22-2016, 07:00 AM
I do. We should swim once it gets warmer.

Mermaid Ankhali
02-22-2016, 08:17 PM
I live in northern NJ

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

makeupmermaid22
05-28-2016, 07:09 PM
I'm definitely adding this to my calendar, I'll already be on the Cape at that point, so I'll already be halfway there.

Kianakat77
11-01-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm in northern ct!