PDA

View Full Version : Simple fix?

MermaidSidian
06-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone!!

Soooooo, i did the smart thing and ordered just a monfin first, I decided the FINIS foil monofin was within my range of budget and expertise(which is smaller that some, im sure) and i tested it in the pool..

Although with the smart intention of looking at the reviews before ordering, and them saying that the sizing is smaller than what it says, i did the dumb thing and ordered it too big.. and when i mean too big, i mean its JUST slightly big enough to stay on m feet and slip off when maneuvering SOMETIMES in the water..

Trying to fix it while in 15ft water isnt always the best, but i'm hoping its normal enough of an occurrence that somebody might have advice to fix this problem.. im way too stubborn to let this effect my swimming and i WILL use this fin for my first fabric tail..

I am pretty handy at sewing for as much time as i can, and ive already come up with he idea of buying Neoprene and making slippers, or ordering those silicone water footie things.. but before i do that, i was curious to see if anyone had any other ideas or have had experiences with this?

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this!!
~FMNaveh

PS! Has anyone been on the coasts of Spain yet?(any of you more famous traveling mermaids) If not, you should check out Rota.. Went there a few weeks ago, BEYOND BEAUTIFUL!! and cheap! Food is there good too, but there are barely any seashells.. ah well!!

Much Love From the middle of the Ocean!!

Ayla of Duluth
06-16-2014, 07:22 PM
You can just buy neoprene booties, you don't have to make them yourself. When I had my tail fom Merbellas, the foil would dig into the side of my feet and give me blisters and rub spots, so the boots really helped protect my feet and keep the monofin snug. Many people use neoprene booties for monofins that are too big, I suggest you check them out. They're pretty cheap but good quality, mine came with grippy bottoms so I can walk around without slipping in puddles on the pool deck.

MermaidSidian
06-16-2014, 08:22 PM
You can just buy neoprene booties, you don't have to make them yourself. When I had my tail fom Merbellas, the foil would dig into the side of my feet and give me blisters and rub spots, so the boots really helped protect my feet and keep the monofin snug. Many people use neoprene booties for monofins that are too big, I suggest you check them out. They're pretty cheap but good quality, mine came with grippy bottoms so I can walk around without slipping in puddles on the pool deck.

COool! on amazon right now(looking for fabric for my first tale), gonna just go check that out!!

Thank you!

Cordelia
06-17-2014, 08:26 PM
My fin fits a little snug, but the straps tend to come off when I am using it without my tail. I found that it stays pretty well put once it is in my tail, too, so that should also help it stay on. :D

Spindrift
06-17-2014, 10:26 PM
I use socks with mine, mostly so that the edge of the slip is not so hard on the front of my ankles.

MermaidSidian
01-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Sooo due to a rum driven snorkeling experience(so worth it.. just sayin) i broke a strap on that monofin.. before that tho, i got the booties which worked wonders! and i ordered the same monofin in a smaller size.. =)

MermaidMimi
01-09-2015, 11:43 AM
I long ago ripped the strap out in frustration, and swim without it. It drove me crazy, falling off all the time. I found with a bit of practice, I could swim by just putting my feet in the pockets.