PDA

View Full Version : How to travel with tail between gigs?

shimmygoddess
06-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Okay, so I have a Dance gig on the same day as a swimming gig. The easiest thing to do would be to bring my tail with me for the first and go directly to the pool gig, but that means leaving it in my car for about 5 hours which I know is bad. My question is, how bad is it to do one time? If I have to come home first, I will lose about 1 1/2 hours of time. Both gigs are about 45 min away and if it were very close gigs, I wouldnt even consider it. I dont know what to do :(

Blaze
06-26-2014, 10:48 AM
Can you not take it into the dance venue with you? Maybe wrapped in a sheet just to cut the questions down a bit? ;D

PearlieMae
06-26-2014, 11:24 AM
Leaving it in the trunk is better than in the car, it does stay cooler (marginally).

I am looking into a case to transport my tail: http://www.amazon.com/Ovation-GC9115-Acoustic-Guitar-Case/dp/B00067GJ20/
(waiting on interior dimensions)

Ayla of Duluth
06-26-2014, 11:33 AM
I think the tail should be fine in the car, or in the trunk, as long as it's not bent sharply anywhere. I always try to keep my tail laying flat, but it does bend sometimes if it's been kept bent in that spot for a day or so. It always unbent itself though. Just cover it with a blanket or a towel and it'll be fine away from direct sunlight.

shimmygoddess
06-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Thanks everyone!!I have a van, so no trunk. The first event is an outdoor festival. We have to park at the Ballpark and take the shuttle to the Festival. Our slot is only 30 min, but we want to walk around and enjoy the festival too. No way, I could carry that tail around for 4-5 hours. LOL I could put up the sunscreens to at least help block the direct sun ..sigh...

shimmygoddess
06-26-2014, 11:49 AM
that doesnt look very deep inside. My hubby is a musician so we have several cases, but they are all padded inside

Leaving it in the trunk is better than in the car, it does stay cooler (marginally).

I am looking into a case to transport my tail: http://www.amazon.com/Ovation-GC9115-Acoustic-Guitar-Case/dp/B00067GJ20/
(waiting on interior dimensions)