PDA

View Full Version : Concealing Your Heel?

SeaMansa
06-27-2014, 01:00 PM
j

Ashley
07-13-2014, 05:09 AM
I know some people have heel fins just for the purpose to conceal their heels.

Echidna
07-13-2014, 07:02 AM
The heel is the mermaid's achilles heel :p
especially with thin fabric tails.

the thicker and sturdier the tail material, the less obvious are the heels.
you can only present yourself from the best angle, point your toes and hope no one notices in a fabric tail unless you cover the heel portion with fringes/fins.

Nana
08-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Whats a heel?

Just kidding. I'm not really aware of that problem on myself but on the other hand I don't have the biggest feet and a rather sturdy tail. And heel fins help with that.

Mermaid Galene
08-11-2014, 11:29 AM
I personally don't see what the big deal is with heel or even leg shapes showing a bit through a tail. Fish do have bones, and bones create lumps under skin or scales. And who's to say that a mermaid, being part human, wouldn't have vestigial but non-functioning legs inside her tail?

Mermaid Galene
08-11-2014, 11:33 AM
I personally don't see what the big deal is with heel or even leg shapes showing a bit through a tail. Fish do have bones, and bones create lumps under skin or scales. And who's to say that a mermaid, being part human, wouldn't have vestigial but non-functioning legs inside her tail?

But if that's important to you, I think using a thicker tail base like neoprene, then adding heel fins, is the best solution.

Nana
08-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Its all up to your interpretation of mermaid or more exactly what you want to be or act like.
I just like the idea of really having the lower part of a fish. Even in bone structure so I do my best to hide these heels or legs. But that is just me.

Just keeping up the magic.

Lostariel Telrunya
08-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Yeah, the heel can lose the effect for some people. I like the idea of heel fins because, if the fins would have some sort of bone/muscle structure to support the fin, it would probably make a bump like a heel does. As for the whole 'don't care' thing, I agree with Nana (by the way, welcome :)), it's all about interpretation. I like the idea that a mermaid has a separation between the legs that connects at his/her feet. That way, you get the curve of the leg muscles, but it still makes sense when you get to the fluke. It's sort of like having the legs fused only at the heel. Unfortunately, the two heels kind of give the look away.