PDA

View Full Version : Nail troubles!

Mermaid Lily_Pad
06-27-2014, 02:09 PM
I gave noticed since I started swimming and going to the beach my nails have gone down hill. They are thin, ragged and u have terrible hang nails. Is there anything I can do to protect them from the elements?

babsannee
06-27-2014, 03:22 PM
I think there are clear nail polishes that have keratin in them, that are supposed to help. Like at a drugstore, and I don't think they're TOO expensive, if you get the cheaper ones.

Raayvhen
06-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Start taking biotin! It takes effect rather quickly and also helps with hair growth. I take 10000 mcg per day and my nails are already much harder and stronger.

Aziara
06-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Try massaging oil into your cuticles every day. Olive oil, coconut oil, and castor oil all work great. I right now use a mix of avocado oil, coconut oil and almond oil. Spend a few minutes and really work it into the skin and nail.

PearlieMae
06-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Topical application of keratin isn't going to help, but a clear polish can help protect your nails from the water - marginally. (I used to work for a health and beauty aids manufacturer).

If you have bad hangnails, that's usually an indication of a vitamin C deficiency...and C & E are good in battling the effects of chlorine, among other things! The best care for skin and nails is a healthy and balanced diet, really...fresh fruits and veggies, less added sugar and salt.