PDA

View Full Version : Neoprene in lacey?

Raayvhen
07-02-2014, 01:21 PM
I was looking at alternative places to buy fabric in the Olympia/Lacey area and found there's a place I've driven by countless times that might sell neoprene? It's listed on their site.... I'm going to call and then possibly visit later today to see if it's true.

its called Foam & Fabric outlet if anyone is wondering.

empressmone
07-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Cool keep us posted :)

Raayvhen
07-02-2014, 01:51 PM
So I called and the lady couldn't tell me the thickness and to be honest I forgot to ask the price, but since I have yet to see if it's thin enough I don't really care at this point. I'm going in later and I'll be bringing my measuring tape so I can see how thin it is. The lady said as far as nylon backed neoprene they only have black/yellow, black/beige, and double black. I'm thinking the beige might be my best bet but I'll know when I get there.

Mermaid Sam
07-30-2014, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure if this will be useful or not but you should check out Seattle Fabrics (their website is www.seattlefabrics.com (http://www.seattlefabrics.com)). They have a huge selection of neoprene colors and thicknesses. They even tell you the dimensions that they will cut it for you.

Raayvhen
07-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Well the difference is I live 15 minutes away from this vs ~1 hour from Seattle Fabrics so it would be much cheaper. I'm doing sequin so colors don't matter as much.

Mermaid Sam
07-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Oh. Gotcha. Well, good luck and have fun making your tail!