PDA

View Full Version : Nose plugs for tiny noses?

Lily
07-09-2014, 01:43 AM
I bought a Speedo low-profile nose clip and it's too big for me - pops off the second I get any speed going. I tried a SinusSaver (silicone thing you shove it up your nose) clip and it was so big it was painful and I couldn't get it in. Obligatory: that's what she said. I have moldable silicone ear plugs I was thinking of just sticking in there, but I'm worried they'd get stuck or I'd somehow manage to snort them too high up to reach. Any recommendations? EVERYTHING SMELLS LIKE CHLORINE AND IT BURNS.

Echidna
07-09-2014, 02:56 AM
A Sinus saver will be very uncomfortable if you have a small nose.

If you make sure your nose is dry and not oily, a clip will stay on much better.
Don't put on ointments, sunscreen or such, or any noseclip will just pop off.

If it still won't stay on, your only option is to get a silicone plug made especially for you (Tom Nose or what's it called maybe).
You can also try inhaling really deep, and letting the air out slowly but constantly underwater, so no water enters your nose while submerged.

Aziara
07-09-2014, 09:00 AM
You can also try inhaling really deep, and letting the air out slowly but constantly underwater, so no water enters your nose while submerged.
This is what I do. Nose clips drive me crazy.

Mermaid Galene
07-11-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm sitting here sniffling with a non-stop runny nose/cold caused by chlorine in my nose. I was just contemplating this very issue - Sinus Savers are too big for my narrow nostrils. I was thinking about trying to make my own silicone nose plugs. Anybody ever trued that?

Lily
07-12-2014, 01:48 AM
I contacted SinusSaver's customer service and they said they're hoping to have smaller sizes available by September. In the meantime I'm taking those waxy silicone ear plugs and using tiny pieces to block my nostrils. It's not perfect, and it leaves a fun smell in my nose, but it's better than nothing.