PDA

View Full Version : Got my tail from Sirenalia!!!!

Mermaid Sparkle
07-11-2014, 08:53 PM
I ordered my tail from Sirenalia a while ago. It arrived a couple weeks ago and I have finally found the time to review it! These guys are awesome. I think they're going to take the tail making scene by storm soon.

-Videos will be added soon! I struggle with technology-

I found Sirenalia after I had been lurking on the forums for a while. Maria posted pictures of her bubblegum pink tail and I just fell in love. I kept tabs on Maria and Jason's business start up and ordered a tail in December. I was originally quoted that it would be done in late January, and the tail finally arrived June 20th. :) Maria kept me updated the entire tail making process. These guys have the best communication skills and customer service. I received updates by text whenever they touched it, and my questions were always answered right away.

I didn't do an un-boxing video because I opened it in the car after picking it up from my boyfriend's house (I was in the middle of moving when it arrived). It was wrapped in bubble wrap and I got a cute little ankle fin as a thank you note from the Sirenalia gang. Guys, I really freaking adore Maria, she's a sweetheart. As soon as I got the tail, she called me and gave me instructions on how to put it on and how to finagle the ankle strap. After my swim she immediately asked how it was and if she could fix anything and just made sure that I loved it. And I do!

I really didn't even check for cracks or bubbles are anything before I hopped in the pool. I just unboxed it and went for a swim. After I got out I inspected it and it's in great shape, and I got kind of crazy in the pool! I had no idea how hard it was to swim in a mono-fin, much less a heavy mermaid tail! I spent most of my time doing tail slaps, cork screws, and working that tail hard and it still looked brand new when I took it out of the pool.

This was a learning experience for both Sirenalia and I. I've never had a tail before and Sirenalia had never made a tail just from measurements. It fits great, except for it is a little bit baggy around my hips and waist. I have a feeling that may be my fault because I have lost about 10 lbs this summer. It was neutrally buoyant at first, but after it filled all the way with water, it became pretty heavy. It didn't seem to be draining and Maria texted me some info on how to fix it. I'm going to tackle that soon.

The tail is beautiful. The colors are gorgeous and that butterfly wing fluke is so beautiful. The surface of the tail is a little bubbly, but that's incredibly hard to avoid when airbrushing colors on. It's one of those things that only I'm going to notice. Also, seams! The seams are done so well, I can hardly tell that it was ever two pieces. Maria was so excited to make it, she told me it was the best one she's ever made and that she fell in love with it.

All in all, I highly recommend Sirenalia. I felt so included in my tail's production process and they really understood my vision and brought it to life.
Superb craftsmanship, customer service and inclusion are really going to set Sirenalia apart from the other tail makers.

I don't know what else to comment on! Ask me questions if you have them and I am going to try to figure out how to upload videos. :)

I look like a four year old who got a pony for her birthday in these pictures. I was so giddy and excited that my cheeks hurt from smiling and my friends had to calm me down. I wanna upload the videos!!!! :eye twitch:
22431 22432

Mermaid Leira
07-12-2014, 03:58 AM
It's beautiful! Did you have it shipped far?

AniaR
07-12-2014, 10:02 AM
it looks beautiful and you cant tell from looking that it is baggy at all. You can always wear a belt if you feel self concious but I'll tell you, my tail is super tight and it'll still drag back sometimes.

They may need to glue the fluke down more if it fills with water. Pretty much only your foot pockets should fill and that shouldnt be enough to keep you from lifting the tail. But- it can also take a while to adjust to a silicone tail and learn the little tricks to be able to lift it. I think most people find it heavy at first and then you adjust.

It looks great on you!

Firemaid
07-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Hey Katie! Your tail looks beautiful on you!
To create the super flowy look we use A LOT of silicone in the fluke and it is very heavy! The fluke is totally solid, but water can pool around the foot pockets! I'm texting you now to explain the super easy fix for that problem!

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO "GLUE" THE FLUKE!!!!!!

Glue will not bind with silicone and you will damage your tail.

Congratulations on your weight loss!
If you find you need to send it back to be taken in we would be happy to do that for you.

xoxoxoxo

Mermaid Jaffa
07-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Ooo! Love the colors, especially on the fluke!

PearlieMae
07-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Ooooooh! So pretty! Happy swimming!

Starfrit
07-12-2014, 10:05 PM
What a gorgeous tail, those colors look amazing! Hopefully you'll be able to fix the fluke issue without any problems (and from the looks of Firemaid's response, it should be fixed in no time)!

Can't wait to see video of your beautiful tail in motion! <3

::edit:: changed "pics" to "video" because painkillers make words hard apparently.

Mermaid Caspiana
07-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Wow... it looks fantastic! I love it! Congrats on everything! :D

AniaR
07-12-2014, 11:37 PM
I wasn't telling her to glue her own tail down. Glue the fluke is pretty much the standard term everyone uses to mean make it so it doesn't open and collect water. And I said they meaning you the tail makers not to try it herself. :/

Mermaid Sparkle
07-13-2014, 01:47 AM
It's beautiful! Did you have it shipped far?

From Texas to Colorado (about 1,000 miles/1,600 km). It was about $75 dollars and came in a gigantic box.

Mermaid Sparkle
07-13-2014, 01:54 AM
Hey Katie! Your tail looks beautiful on you!
To create the super flowy look we use A LOT of silicone in the fluke and it is very heavy! The fluke is totally solid, but water can pool around the foot pockets! I'm texting you now to explain the super easy fix for that problem!

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO "GLUE" THE FLUKE!!!!!!

Glue will not bind with silicone and you will damage your tail.

Congratulations on your weight loss!
If you find you need to send it back to be taken in we would be happy to do that for you.

xoxoxoxo

Got your text at work! Thank you so much for your help through this process. I'll text you with any questions that I have once I get around to messing with the fluke.

I'm not going to worry about taking it in right now, I plan on getting fat again this winter. :) I'm really going to ramp up the mermaiding next year, (the swim season is so short in Colorado), so if I'm still a different size then we can chat about taking it in.

Marie-Josie Cayer
07-14-2014, 11:46 AM
You have a gorgeous tail! Enjoy and have fun mermaiding!

malinghi
07-16-2014, 02:58 AM
I just noticed we hadn't added Sirenalia to the site's list of tailmakers! I just fixed that. I also added Sirenalia to the official review system. If you'd like to post a review there here's a link:
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?8557-Sirenalia

Firemaid
07-17-2014, 06:39 PM
I just noticed we hadn't added Sirenalia to the site's list of tailmakers! I just fixed that. I also added Sirenalia to the official review system. If you'd like to post a review there here's a link:
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?8557-Sirenalia

Cute! Thanks!