PDA

View Full Version : Mertailor Realistic Silicone Neoprene Tails

Mermaid Mandi
07-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Hello Mermaid Mandi Here most people have been saying that the old version of The Mertailor neoprene tails are Alex Plus Latex but to tell you the truth their not he know makes all his tails with silicone just like his all silicone ones the same thing and even the scales are much better and look 3D on the old version neoprene tails and as far as the measurements on the tail witch is provided by your measurements if you don't want you tail to lose than tighten your measurements and if you don't want you tail down below your hips make if go up to your waist measure your waist to floor a little higher go up one number more. But other than the scales being mushed up and some silicone clumps that are left on the tail that's okay makes the tail look more real believe me I know.

Ashley
07-16-2014, 11:25 AM
They aren't saying that thats how he makes them now, they are saying that those are the old materials for that type of tail he used to use before he came up with his new design. Yes, now he may use neoprene and silicone but he didn't used to. It is all talked about in the Tail Maker portion of the forum entitled the Mertailor and question/ reviews are there as will if you have any questions.

AniaR
07-16-2014, 11:48 AM
http://media2.giphy.com/media/qHY6ij6LYizle/giphy.gif

Raayvhen
07-16-2014, 12:12 PM
I'm going to go ahead and call troll.

PearlieMae
07-16-2014, 12:19 PM

SINicallyTwisted
07-16-2014, 12:31 PM
I...what...

Echidna
07-16-2014, 12:38 PM
Jareth <3

but yea, my first impulse here was saying "hey abysmal, how's it going?", but that one had at least rudimentary punctuation skills...

Mermaid Wesley
07-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Well if we are talking about the NEW ones, I saw two under a year old a few weeks ago. The newer one ripped in two places after two swims and the older one was too short despite the woman having measured to her belly button. She fixed the problem with a strip of sequin fabric. Both tails looked to me very globby and in a few areas the 'scales' were lifting off of the fabric on the older one. Both looked great from a distance, but not up close. I asked both girls how they liked their tails and one said 'I like the tail more than I liked the service' until it ripped about fifteen minutes later and the other said " it has it's problems but it's lightweight which is nice". It seems that a lot of people have similar problems with these tails. All of these things have been documented elsewhere on the forum. They're fine, but they have problems. Personally I would never put so much money into such a gamble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkF
07-16-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure what she said- I could see a place for neoprene if the price is really low.

Mermaid Jory
10-06-2014, 04:03 AM
They're fine, but they have problems. Personally I would never put so much money into such a gamble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree with you. My hubby noticed the wording "neoprene-like material" on the Mertailor's website and asked what that meant. We almost bought the tail when he noticed that. He was even more upset than me. Because of that wording in the description if someone thought they were getting a neoprene tail and then weren't satisfied it wouldn't matter. Because the wording in the description says "neoprene-like material" the Mertailor has the legal right to keep your money and refuse a refund. My hubby looked right in my eyes and said, "We aren't getting anything from this guy. He obviously doesn't care about quality." Now while I think that might be a bit harsh, I don't think I'll get something from him on the grounds that he advertises one thing and then covers his rear with clever wording later in the description of his merchandise.