07-17-2014, 01:13 PM
That's weird and exclusionary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raayvhen
07-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Agreed

Merman Arion
07-17-2014, 01:35 PM
I was thinking of having a Mermaid meet up with all the Mermaids and Merman and little Mermaids who has a Mertailor tail was thinking of having it in Coney Island or a closer place on the beach I would like to have it seeing so many color tails that's beautiful for people to see.

If you are able to use a "." at the end of your post, you are able to fucking use all the punctuation signs that exist. I know I'm being rude here but you gotta put yourself in our shoes to understand how nerve wrecking this is. Seriously...

end/rant.

PearlieMae
07-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Arion: :clap:

Mandi: Good luck coordinating that.

For all the tails it seems that Eric sells, funny how you never see any of them anywhere...except in his facebook feed.

Seatan
07-17-2014, 02:30 PM
If you are able to use a "." at the end of your post, you are able to fucking use all the punctuation signs that exist. I know I'm being rude here but you gotta put yourself in our shoes to understand how nerve wrecking this is. Seriously...

end/rant.

LMAO. This.

Mandi if you want to be part of the community why don't you try posting about things other than just Mertailor? There are plenty of other topics!

Blaze
07-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Hey now, *points at icon* I have a Mertailor tail & you see it a bit. :D I agree with Wesley though; exclusionary is not cool.

Mermaid Isabel(:
07-17-2014, 02:47 PM
I don't have a mertailor tail and I don't feel offended, it's like at merfest when everyone said it was cool to see some of the Merbellas tails together and compare. While that event wasn't just merbellas tail owners I can see wanting to gather and compare tails from the same maker. It's not a big deal. If this person wants to post about mertailor then they can. Just my thoughts, though I know everyone will still find offense to having a mertailor tail meet happen.

coral_sybil
07-17-2014, 02:52 PM
I think the problem people are having is that she has posted stuff about mertailor often over the last few days, and the posts have had poor grammar to the point that people are uncertain as to what she was actually trying to say about them.

The meet suggestion itself probably isn't what makes people offended, if they are offended, but it just ends up being another heaping onto the uncomfortable nature these posts are putting people into.

Note: this is based off of my observations which could jolly well be wrong.

Seatan
07-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Yeah it's just that 90% of her posts have been about Mertailor. So it kind of seems like she doesn't care about anything but Mertailor. I love FinFolk but have plenty of other things to post about!

AniaR
07-17-2014, 03:01 PM
I don't have a mertailor tail and I don't feel offended, it's like at merfest when everyone said it was cool to see some of the Merbellas tails together and compare. While that event wasn't just merbellas tail owners

I think there were all of 3 merbellas tails. Mine, Kailani, and Hyli. It was mostly finfolk, personally made, and mertailor by far with a couple mermaid creation thrown in hahaha. I actually think we were in the minority.

I just think if you wanna have a mertailor only event then you should contact mertailor and he can probably help you find people.

Fun123joker
07-17-2014, 04:15 PM
now now guys looking at the post seems like she's new here and hasnt explore all the diffrent types of tails there are. education is key

@mandi- the reason why this idea dosnt seem popular is that it kinda runins the fun of diffrent mers and amiring the diffrent types of tails these mers were able to scrounge up.

take this picture we all see on the mernetwork homepage. look at all the different color, shapes, and textures thier tails have. its beauty in diversity not just colors and numbers. That's something we all like to express on this site. without this mermaiding wouldnt seem as fun, you know what i mean?

coral_sybil
07-17-2014, 04:32 PM
now now guys looking at the post seems like she's new here and hasnt explore all the diffrent types of tails there are. education is key

It's true that she doesn't have many posts... but I would like to draw attention to the joined date. Not that I can really say anything since mine is around a year and I barely have over 100 posts.

Fun123joker
07-17-2014, 05:31 PM
^i havent looked at that until now.

Winged Mermaid
07-17-2014, 05:46 PM
I've followed Mandi's page on FB for a while. She means well- she does love Eric's work- I don't think she meant to offend anyone with her idea.
I can see why that would be a neat idea, to have a lot by the same tailmaker in one place. But a lot of people go with other tailmakers, make their own, or just can't afford Eric's tails. So while I appreciate the idea behind your post, Mandi, I hope you can see why people didn't take to it so well, cause it does seem a little unfair.
Maybe just put a call out for a general meetup- and the more Mertailor tails the better maybe say? Like if they have a few different tails they should opt to bring their Mertailor tail rather than another for that meetup- and see who shows up :) You can always take lots of pics, and get group shots with everyone- no matter the tail- then get a few shots with just the Mertailor tail owners? If people show up who have more of other tailmakers you could get group shots sorted by tailmakers. Could be cool!

Mermaid Wesley
07-17-2014, 10:49 PM
Well said iona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theta
07-20-2014, 10:28 PM
The New England/New York pod actually has meetups at Coney Island at least once a month, if not twice during the summer! Lanai heads them up. Some of us have Mertailor tails, some of us don't, we've got a good showing of everything in the tail spectrum, from full silicone to cloth. We have a ton of fun and then go for hot dogs on the boardwalk after. You can check out the event page here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/295545567280673/?fref=ts

We'd love to have you join us!

MermaidCecelia
07-21-2014, 11:00 PM
she prob didnt mean harm in this post , she prob feels embarrassed already. due to everyones response to it

Mermaid Isabel(:
07-21-2014, 11:47 PM
she prob didnt mean harm in this post , she prob feels embarrassed already. due to everyones response to it

I have to agree. No wonder she hasn't responded for awhile. :-/ so much negativity

Raayvhen
07-22-2014, 12:02 AM
To be fair, all she ever posts is mertailor stuff. I think everyone is tired of it especially based on her other recent topics.

MermaidCecelia
07-22-2014, 12:08 AM
To be fair, all she ever posts is mertailor stuff. I think everyone is tired of it especially based on her other recent topics.
Maybe that is so , but it can easily be ignored , you don't have to look in the forums , if she likes it then good for her! Not everyone is going to enjoy EVERY post someone makes , but there's a lot of topics and people on here that make up for it , ya know?

MermaidCecelia
07-22-2014, 12:08 AM
And bynot look in the forums I mean not look at the posts she puts up on the topic

Seatan
07-22-2014, 12:40 AM
I think it's kind of a moot point now that this thread is dead and Mandi is no longer responding to it. Good or bad, it's been over for a couple days so we might as well move on. :)

Raayvhen
07-22-2014, 12:42 AM
I think the problem people are having is that she has posted stuff about mertailor often over the last few days, and the posts have had poor grammar to the point that people are uncertain as to what she was actually trying to say about them.

The meet suggestion itself probably isn't what makes people offended, if they are offended, but it just ends up being another heaping onto the uncomfortable nature these posts are putting people into.

From earlier in the thread. It's just aggravating.

Aquarianne
07-22-2014, 03:30 AM
Well I wanted to complain about her posting nothing but Mertailor threads but then I thought about how much I do nothing but talk about how much I love Ninja Turtles on my facebook and I feel a bit hypocritical complaining about someone else's goofy obsession so perhaps I shouldn't say anything you know everyone's got that one thing in their lives that they are preternaturally effused about in conversation so perhaps we should cut her some slack guys however I feel exclusively talking like this on the forums can wear a bit thin on the nerves and if you have access to the full sprectrum of punctuation on your keyboard then you should jolly well use it OK thanks bye.

;)

MermaidCecelia
07-22-2014, 03:40 AM
All I gotta say is let's not attack her for her forum posts when she is prob just trying to make friends on here ya know? , I'm gonna unsubscribe from the topic but I saw let's just forget this topic and don't let this be the reason to start disliking somebody
Love and peace

Aquarianne
07-22-2014, 03:58 AM
Yeahhh you're right. Some people just aren't good at typing, she's probably trying her best. And she hasn't comne on the forum and said anything mean or judgmental or offensive, so slack should indeed be cut. I'm sorry, I was just having some fun! :(

PearlieMae
07-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Well I wanted to complain about her posting nothing but Mertailor threads but then I thought about how much I do nothing but talk about how much I love Ninja Turtles on my facebook and I feel a bit hypocritical complaining about someone else's goofy obsession so perhaps I shouldn't say anything you know everyone's got that one thing in their lives that they are preternaturally effused about in conversation so perhaps we should cut her some slack guys however I feel exclusively talking like this on the forums can wear a bit thin on the nerves and if you have access to the full sprectrum of punctuation on your keyboard then you should jolly well use it OK thanks bye.

;)

I SO want to strangle you :mermaid kiss:

Aquarianne
07-22-2014, 11:12 AM
I SO want to strangle you :mermaid kiss:

I don't blame you! XD