PDA

View Full Version : Large Busted Mers: What Do You Want in a Top?

Seatan
07-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Okay, ladies, I have heard the call for tops for large busted mers, so please, YOU tell me: What kind of silicone top would you like the most?

1. An octopus top for the larger sizes

2. A comfortable silicone shell bra with cushy shells that conform to you

3. A scale or seaweed top (please specify) that offers better support and coverage for easier swimming

4. Something else... YOU tell me! :)

Blaze
07-23-2014, 04:41 PM
I'd really like a starfish top. I saw one a long time ago but the starfish looked to solid and their legs stuck out rather than 'cupping' the bust. That and some net & voila! ;D

Seatan
07-23-2014, 04:53 PM
That's a great idea, Blaze, and really easy to sculpt! I may have to do that one first. :)

Seraphina Suds
07-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Something that gives modest tummy coverage as well as bust!

Mermaid Wesley
07-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Seaweed top!! I would have ordered one by now if anyone made one that would fit me! And isn't strapless. Cod knows I can't wear strapless anything. And my next vote would be seashells, but they would have to be big enough to cover most of the boobie which I've never seen. I've considered sculpting some larger shells to make a top but I don't really have the skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Wesley
07-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Oh and let me just say, net straps trying to hold up large bewbs hurt like a mother. Just in case you needed that info *shrug*

Seatan
07-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Oh and let me just say, net straps trying to hold up large bewbs hurt like a mother. Just in case you needed that info *shrug*

Lol that is very helpful!

Chrissy
07-24-2014, 08:50 AM
I have a scale top that I LOVE but I agree with the tail makers who made it, the netting is great for the halter top, but isn't the strongest. I ended up reinforcing my top with a nude/clear halter attachment to the bra. The netting is silicones in there and with the silicone on the bra it gets very heavy, adding the nude strap unger the netting is really working out!!!

NerineArcticMermaid
07-24-2014, 07:10 PM
NO HALTER STYLES!!!!!!
Equally painful

Mermaid Wesley
07-24-2014, 11:48 PM
I actually like halter styles despite the painfullness bc it makes my girls look nice, plus they're fully adjustable. Most bra straps are just too long on me.... But that's just me of course. It would be cool if there were selectable options for things like that even

Mermaid Daenerys
08-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Personally, I adore Raven's lilypad top she did for Minnow the Mermaid, but I'll settle for anything that's comfortable and doesn't fall off the moment I start swimming.

ylluria
08-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Oooh, I'd love a scaled bra! I've actually been drooling over the scale mailled ones I've seen about, but I'm not sure how pinchy and good w/water they'd be. Starfish sound great too- and on a similar note, what about big sand dollars..? :D Oh! And definitely, NO HALTERS. They -kill- the neck, and don't create a ton of support. Plus, tummy covers would rock. ^_^ ..Maybe scales w/a bra-ish top and a draping diamond pattern down the center/tummy, w/another half-diamond draping down in the back..?

Beyond that, Hmm.. what about an invisi-bra..? (As I honestly don't think mers would wear tops.) So.. perhaps something smooth and skin-tone-ish with an iridescent finish (w/buyers sending in pics/descriptions of their skin tones)? It could have wide, broooad back straps so they didn't cause much bulging & gave max support. :) Plus, if customers wanted, you could always add more glitter/sparkles/random scales across the main center area for people who wanted more modesty? Just thinkin' out loud. :)

Nana
08-11-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm actually quite indecisive on that topic and currently testing what works best and most importantly what looks the best.
As long as I don't have to constantly watch out to not lose the top while swimming I'm willing to give it a try once or twice.

Currently I'm thinking of scale patches like the ones seen in Charmed and maybe wrap a net around it for at least some support. I'm also looking into making a shell top like its described in the guide. I just can't get out of my head how awesome the ones I have seen on the internet look.