PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sea Dragon Tail

MermaidCelesteFL
07-24-2014, 05:40 PM
A friend of mine got interested in becoming a merman recently (and I think he would make a fantastic one!), and he wants to theme his tail after the Blue Sea Dragon. It's a beautiful blue mollusk that has some pretty stunning colors and shapes with it. I was considering making him a fabric tail with this theme, but I have no idea what kind of design it would be. Does anyone have any suggestions?

jukumerboii
07-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Well you can do many different fluke styles and just use the colours and pattern scheme of the dragon.

Marlin
07-24-2014, 09:21 PM
1) Another merman in FL? Yay! new friends :D

2) I would imagine that a more masculine tail designs would have larger more broad flukes. It's what I went with on mine and I'm really happy with it. It would really depend on his preference. With a design based off of a shell, I would imagine that you have a bit of freedom with fluke shape and overall design.

Ilyena
07-24-2014, 09:26 PM
I have a thread with a neoprene tail based off the blue sea slug, feel free to use any idea from that ^_^ (not quite finished though as things got in the way). I'd love to see the finished product/design ideas :D.

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?6332-Neoprene-Glaucus-atlanticus-tail-(aka-Blue-Sea-Slug-tail-)&highlight=blue+slug