PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchairs

Princess Pearl
07-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Out of curiosity, is there anyone who uses a wheel chair to get around in when wearing a tail? (Other than Bette Midler, that is.) I've been looking around and they can be gotten on sites like Kijiji fairly cheaply. My only concern would be moving around on softer surfaces, like across a grassy backyard to get to a pool.

Mermaid Galene
07-25-2014, 05:39 PM
I know Raina has used a wheelchair. I have a wheelchair for mermaid use, also, but haven't tried it out yet. I think it would do fine on grass, as long as the ground isn't soggy.

Seatan
07-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Hey GirlChris, I have never used a wheelchair for mermaiding, but I have pushed plenty of them for special needs kids. Most wheelchairs will have no problem on soft ground. If your foot would sink down in it to the point that it would be uncomfortable to walk in (aka pretty deep mud), then it is too deep for a wheelchair, but any place you can walk, you can wheel. :)

Princess Pearl
07-25-2014, 06:10 PM
I really like the idea of not requiring a mer-tender. I don't want to be in a situation where I can't do a gig or a shoot because I couldn't find someone to do it and I have no way of getting from point a to point b.

I guess I have to start getting my arms in shape for wheel chairing as well as my core and legs for swimming. Mermaiding! It's a total body work out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Princess Pearl
01-21-2015, 09:42 PM
I was at value village the other day, and look what I found!http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/21/b14678a48583578f8bc6973a4e4700c7.jpg

Its really comfy, the foot rests lift up so I don't drag my fluke on the ground, and they fold out of the way when I dont need them. I've been rolling around the living room just for fun. Whee!

PearlieMae
01-21-2015, 10:39 PM
I got one at the Goodwill for FIVE DOLLARS AND NINETY NINE CENTS!

in perfect shape, and a thing welded to the frame to hold an oxygen tank! I was thinking of making a fake mermaid-breathing-apparatus with a clear cylindrical tank of water and an aquarium air pump, maybe some LED lights. :D

Princess Pearl
01-21-2015, 11:18 PM
You did way better than I did. Mine was $40. I'm going to add a cushion and decorate it (those side panels are BEGGING to be covered with gems!) I have a gig modeling jewelry at a con in June, so this will make an excellent place for me to sit and try and draw people over to the booth.