PDA

View Full Version : Merman Vest

Mermaid Saoirse
07-28-2014, 01:43 PM
I figured posting something like this up might help.
This project was a complete experiment from the start. I have a friend who commissioned me to make tops and necklaces for him and his girlfriend. He paid me with Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (A game I've desperately wanted since it came out!) as well as supplied me with other pieces I'd need for the project.
They're close friends of mine, so I had no problems with using leftover supplies.
This is one of the first pieces after it's been finished, modeled in the last two photos by my dork of a friend who was excited to see it. We don't know how it will function in the water yet, but it was designed with swimming in mind. It sticks close to his body while still allowing full mobility and we may end up pinning or lacing it up when he swims in it.
I may also end up painting some of the netting to match with the tail he plans to have in the future.

JellyFishForBrains
07-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Fantastic! Its such a clever idea!!

Morticia Mermaid
07-28-2014, 03:21 PM
That came out great. I'd stared something similar last summer, but never finished. Yours came out far better than mine probably would have :)

Aquos Savar
07-28-2014, 03:34 PM
THAT LOOKS PRETTY SWEET!!!!
In the future, i may do something similar.

AND TALES OF SYMPHONIA CHRONICLES?? Not a bad game, that's worth it.

Mermaid Saoirse
07-28-2014, 04:29 PM
That came out great. I'd stared something similar last summer, but never finished. Yours came out far better than mine probably would have :)

I've seen your creations before and I think you deserve more credit to your creativity. In fact, your Siren's Calling headress inspired my headpiece that I made recently. :D
I love your style of designing, and I'd love to see if you ever tackle a project like this!

Mermaid Saoirse
07-28-2014, 04:42 PM
THAT LOOKS PRETTY SWEET!!!!
In the future, i may do something similar.

AND TALES OF SYMPHONIA CHRONICLES?? Not a bad game, that's worth it.

Whenever you get started on that project I'd love to know! It's really cool seeing types of merman clothing/accessories because there's often so little out there. That's why I'm glad there are going to be two mermen(my friend and my boyfriend) in my mini-pod. It gives me a chance to work on projects I normally can't put to use.
I'm also working on bracers made of netting that have plants woven into them and laced on the underside. I made a smaller bracelet version that worked out well so I'm seeing if a wider style could work too.
I consider TOS Chronicles to be more than worth it. I didn't even know it came with Tales of the Abyss costumes until I put in the game! I had just played some of that game right before checking out Chronicles.