PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Makeup

Seatan
07-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Well, I am going in for a consultation today about having semi-permanent eyebrows applied. Renee (http://www.permanent-makeup-by-renee.com/) is supposedly one of the best permanent makeup artists in Dallas, and I am so sick of having pretty much no eyebrows and having to draw them on every single day that I am ready to make the plunge. She has hundreds of Before/After photos that look awesome, though she is really pricey. Though if I am going to have makeup applied that will last 1-3 years, it is worth pricey for good! I am a little nervous, but excited, too. This will make my underwater makeup routine way easier! I know a lot of people have bad experiences, but Renee is supposed to be SUPER awesome at what she does. I will probably get the "hairline" eyebrows, where she draws individual hairs.

Anybody else ever done (or considered) permanent/semi-permanent makeup?

AniaR
07-30-2014, 02:01 PM
My boss at my previous job always did and it looked great

Raayvhen
07-30-2014, 02:08 PM
My mom's best friend has permanent lip liner. Its kinda creepy to see her without any other makeup. I also suffer from the eyebrow thing. Personally I love doing my eyebrows, but to each her own!

Meilyn
07-30-2014, 02:14 PM
I may get it when I go to California in a month.

I hate it when you draw and then forget, wipe your face, and it smears or one disappears :/

I have virtually non existent eyebrows, all my pictures are colored in with pencil. It's a routine. Every morning.

I'd love to wake up WITHOUT having to do them and still feel normal weird, or at least, pretty weird.

Raayvhen
07-30-2014, 02:16 PM
One option I love is the Benefit Gimme Brow mousse. I usually do a primer under and then set it with powder and then it doesn't really smear.

H-SAMA
07-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Yeah, my mom has it and it looks awesome, even though I said her not to do it because I thought it would look funny looks great indeed.
I recommend for you to try henna before commiting to something so permanent.

Seatan
07-31-2014, 12:14 AM
Yeah I SUCK at drawing brows. At my consult she actually thought I was a correction (most of her clients are corrections from other permanent makeup artists messed up) because I draw them so bad, lol. I am getting them done tomorrow. As for trying henna, I don't think that would look very realistic. And i mean I have tried pencil for years, sp why use just another temp method? Plus I don't know anyone who does that. I am getting hairline strokes which means she will draw individual hairs. It will also be shared three dimensionally for realism. I am very excited!

Winged Mermaid
07-31-2014, 01:55 AM
I would honestly get my brows done if I didn't dye my hair :P

Mermaid Melanie
07-31-2014, 02:02 AM
Yeah my mum got it done a few months back - she got the hairline ones done too after her friend raved about it but when she got it it was really dark and took about a week or two to tone down but now she's really happy with it and it suits her a lot - she said it did hurt to get it done but no pain no gain lol

Meilyn
07-31-2014, 10:53 AM
Seavanna! Let me know how goes it! :D

Seatan
07-31-2014, 11:17 AM
Melanie: Yeah all tats are brighter while they heal. The ink needs time to make its way into the skin and for the skin to heal over it. I have had a lot if tats and piercing a so I am not too worried about the pain, especially since they use numbing cream.

Meilyn: I will!!!

Meilyn
08-01-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm going in today for my eyebrows consult :)

shimmygoddess
08-01-2014, 12:41 PM
A good friend of mine does this. I have had my eyeliner done several times. It took about 30 min and totally clogged up my sinus, but it might be different with eyebrows. She told me lips were the most painful out of the three. It took about a week for it to completely heal (scab over and fall off)

Meshy
08-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Years ago my grandmother who's very anti-tattoo got her brows tattoo'd on. They have since faded, she's thinking about having it done again. I couldn't ever tell they were tattoo'd on, and it wasn't until she'd had them done for a while that she told my sister and I (sister has LOTS of tattoos) that she also joined the ranks of the tattoo'd!

SeaGlass Siren
08-01-2014, 05:12 PM
^ same with my mom. 3 months ago she ragged on me for getting a back tattoo. i come back yesterday to my place from honeymoon and find out she tattooed her lips :|

Blondie
08-01-2014, 05:33 PM
I think getting your eyebrows done is a good choice. I wouldn't advocate eyeliner or lip liner because you'll want to go without that some days and want to change the color. However, do you dye your hair often? I'm just asking because if you got your eyebrows done for red hair, it won't match black or blonde.

Mermaid Jaffa
08-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Is this like a tattoo or an implant?

Mermaid Wesley
08-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Tattoo

Meilyn
08-02-2014, 04:58 PM
So
Eyebrow Embroidery

Is totally different than getting a regular eyebrow tattoo.

If you Google it, nearly every well off Asian has theirs done and they all look amazing and so natural.

I'm getting mine done next Saturday with the only girl who does eyebrow embroidery here in Washington state. Took me forever to find her but I'm on my way next Saturday :) it's supposed to be less painful than a regular tattoo.

Meilyn
08-02-2014, 05:01 PM
I think getting your eyebrows done is a good choice. I wouldn't advocate eyeliner or lip liner because you'll want to go without that some days and want to change the color. However, do you dye your hair often? I'm just asking because if you got your eyebrows done for red hair, it won't match black or blonde.

Agreed. Plus eyeliner is fast and easy to put on. Eyebrows, not so much unless you've been doing it for years, even then they're never the same each day. Luckily, my hairs all natural, haven't been dyed since I cut out the dyed end. Gonna stay black/dark brown until it changes by itself. I really love the natural look.

Seavanna, pictures pLease!!

H-SAMA
08-06-2014, 05:27 PM
So
Eyebrow Embroidery

Is totally different than getting a regular eyebrow tattoo.

If you Google it, nearly every well off Asian has theirs done and they all look amazing and so natural.

I'm getting mine done next Saturday with the only girl who does eyebrow embroidery here in Washington state. Took me forever to find her but I'm on my way next Saturday :) it's supposed to be less painful than a regular tattoo.

That seems great, show me how you look before and after, if you can.

H-SAMA
08-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I am getting them done tomorrow.
As for trying henna, I don't think that would look very realistic. And i mean I have tried pencil for years, sp why use just another temp method? Plus I don't know anyone who does that. I am getting hairline strokes which means she will draw individual hairs. It will also be shared three dimensionally for realism. I am very excited!

Henna looks like if you had paint the eyebrows with eye shadow, but lasts many days.
http://stylenet.com/files/2138/268348-Hd-Brows.jpg
(http://stylenet.com/files/2138/268348-Hd-Brows.jpg)
Did you get your eyebrows dones? How do you feel? I hope you are doing well.
<3

Meilyn
08-06-2014, 05:55 PM
I thought Henna was just for the hands.
I never knew!

My scheduled appointment is this Saturday at 2:30 so I will show pictures too :)

Meilyn
08-10-2014, 12:02 AM
So I can't post photos because it won't compress them for me on here. (Mobile, crop doesn't work, nothing)

Raayvhen
08-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Host them somewhere else and use these...

URL

Meilyn
08-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Just add me on Facebook. Look up Princess Prawns

artorias
03-21-2023, 06:50 AM
It may seem strange to many of you, but as a man I never liked the shape and look of my eyebrows, which made me feel insecure. I thought for a long time about how I could fix it and finally a friend of mine advised me to use male eyebrow embroidery (https://www.brillianteyebrows.com/eyebrow-embroidery/man/). At first I was pretty skeptical about this advice, because of the stereotypes that society imposed on me, it seemed strange that a man would visit a beauty salon, but I still decided to listen to the advice and did not regret it, because in this beauty salon my problem with the eyebrows completely solved!

Mermaidaliscious
08-17-2023, 12:17 PM
I’ve had permanent makeup for YEARS and I absolutely love it. I got my eyebrows and eyeliner done 10 years ago, I’ve had to get the brows touched up like 3 times. A few months ago I had my brows and eyeliner touched up, and had my lips blushed as well. Absolutely love waking up looking damn near perfect ever day. I’ve been doing eyelash extensions, and I wake up, wash my face, do skin care, and go. Don’t even really wear makeup anymore unless it’s a special event.

I suggest to anyone getting permanent makeup to go very light and natural, and find an artist with A LOT of experience, customer photos, and customers who look like YOU.