PDA

View Full Version : going crazy over the fact my order is LATE

MermaidCecelia
08-03-2014, 01:35 AM

MermaidCecelia
08-03-2014, 01:41 AM

Ashley
08-03-2014, 04:31 AM
When I ordered mine from him he did the same thing to me. He is pretty good about actually getting it to you though. I don't know what his excuse it, but he is one of the tail makers that will get you your tail, but I'm not gonna lie though I did message him a lot when I didn't receive mine from him on the date I was supposed to.

AniaR
08-03-2014, 09:32 AM
His dad did die. And with so many tail clients I'm not surprised he doesn't go into detail most tail makers don't and I honestly believe those that do won't for much longer.

I wouldn't stress yet. That's still really fast to get a tail. Hold tight I'm sure you'll get it soon!!

Starfrit
08-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Unfortunately, missed deadlines do happen. Tails are hard work, especially when you have multiple orders-- and that's not to mention moving your whole studio AND the death of a really close family member on top of it all. Other factors like the weather can play into longer wait times, as well; if I remember correctly, silicone won't properly cure on rainy or humid days. I also believe that making silicone+neoprene tails can take a bit longer-- Raven of Merbella Studios stopped taking orders for them because they were so much more work than just straight silicone for the price, I'm pretty sure!

I know how itchy someone can get when they're waiting on their first huge tail order, it's really exciting stuff! I paid for my first tail (painted neoprene) back in early May, with an estimated time of completion being early/mid July, but due to some snags that were sort of beyond the maker's control production got halted for a bit and the painting process is still going to take some time, and that's totally okay with me! The trick is to be patient, and give the maker lots of time and breathing room. Things do happen, and life can sometimes come before work, and I've found that when working with anybody, no matter what it is, patience and understanding are key. You're far more likely to get the best possible product in the long run, and the person you're working with will be super thankful! This is why I generally don't put deadlines on anything I order, whether it be a drawing of one of my roleplaying characters or a custom mermaid tail. Things happen!

As for not sharing most of his tailmaking progress with customers, that's a pretty normal business decision for a lot of the more popular tailmakers. Their respective brands center around the unique way they make their tails, which is often the product of hours and hours and hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars in experimentation and trial and error. They could lose a lot of their potential customer base to fledgling rival businesses if they started telling everyone about what are essentially their "trade secrets," because people could (and most definitely would) start copying them.

The Mertailor does have his problems, but he really does do his best to keep his customers happy. So don't stress out too much about it, okay? And trust me, when it comes to something like this-- the wait is DEFINITELY worth it. <3

MermaidCecelia
08-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately, missed deadlines do happen. Tails are hard work, especially when you have multiple orders-- and that's not to mention moving your whole studio AND the death of a really close family member on top of it all. Other factors like the weather can play into longer wait times, as well; if I remember correctly, silicone won't properly cure on rainy or humid days. I also believe that making silicone+neoprene tails can take a bit longer-- Raven of Merbella Studios stopped taking orders for them because they were so much more work than just straight silicone for the price, I'm pretty sure!

I know how itchy someone can get when they're waiting on their first huge tail order, it's really exciting stuff! I paid for my first tail (painted neoprene) back in early May, with an estimated time of completion being early/mid July, but due to some snags that were sort of beyond the maker's control production got halted for a bit and the painting process is still going to take some time, and that's totally okay with me! The trick is to be patient, and give the maker lots of time and breathing room. Things do happen, and life can sometimes come before work, and I've found that when working with anybody, no matter what it is, patience and understanding are key. You're far more likely to get the best possible product in the long run, and the person you're working with will be super thankful! This is why I generally don't put deadlines on anything I order, whether it be a drawing of one of my roleplaying characters or a custom mermaid tail. Things happen!

As for not sharing most of his tailmaking progress with customers, that's a pretty normal business decision for a lot of the more popular tailmakers. Their respective brands center around the unique way they make their tails, which is often the product of hours and hours and hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars in experimentation and trial and error. They could lose a lot of their potential customer base to fledgling rival businesses if they started telling everyone about what are essentially their "trade secrets," because people could (and most definitely would) start copying them.

The Mertailor does have his problems, but he really does do his best to keep his customers happy. So don't stress out too much about it, okay? And trust me, when it comes to something like this-- the wait is DEFINITELY worth it. <3
what i meant by telling to progress was just telling me its current status , like ya know if it was being molded, painted etc when i asked , i just got an email today saying that this week the painting would be most likely finished this week so im at ease

MermaidCecelia
08-03-2014, 03:13 PM
thanks guys! i guess i have this extreme habit of being precise about date and time i do , receive or make things thats all ,