PDA

View Full Version : Totally got my friend into mermaiding

MermaidBrandie
08-04-2014, 12:16 PM
So my friend heard I heard I got swimming in my tail, and since she loves swimming she asked to go with me. Why wouldn't I want a friend to go with me? So we went, and she tried my tail and liked it. Then we went again and she wanted to wear it again....and every time after.

So I texted her bf (who's also a friend) and told him that it was gonna sound silly but it might be a good idea to get her a simple spandex tail for christmas from finfun. He hadn't seen her but she said she always talked about it after swimming with me and would consider it. They BOTH with swimming with us yesterday and he finally got to see her in the tail, and he was like "Yup. I think you're right."

It was super cute, she kept showing him all the things she could do to look more mermaidy, and he kept going under to watch her. It was adorable. After we all went out to lunch and she was talking about how she looked up different tails and she really wanted a sunset colored tail, and then I showed her pictures of the new finfun mermaidens tails and she was like "oh is that silicone??" and when I told her it wasn't she got excited. I figured out she would want blue as a base, and maybe me and her could paint it later.

I didn't tell her where to buy them though, lol. He knows where. XP So I may be getting a mermaiding buddy. Yay!!

Sorry this was long, I'm excited.

Raayvhen
08-04-2014, 12:49 PM
That's awesome! Having friends get into your interests is always super fun!

Echidna
08-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Indeed!
Maybe you can even get her bf to join, if not as a merman, as a safety diver and mertender :)

MermaidBrandie
08-04-2014, 06:21 PM
I think her BF is gonna end up like my bf: Along for the ride and enjoying the view of girls in seashells. lol

Mermaid Wishbone
08-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Haha, yay! ;) Another fish for the mercommunity (Gosh, that was cheesy), but good job in sharing your mermaiding interest with your friend and her BF: I have friends who love mermaids but none of them are a mermaiding buddy XP I like how your friend likes to show off her mermaid personality to her BF :3

MermaidBrandie
08-04-2014, 11:30 PM
The really cool thing is, she's really body shy in a two piece bathing suit, so she usually wears a one piece with shorts. But the tail will cover up her body insecurities. She's also fairly shy in general, but when she gets in the tail she just lights up and becomes so happy and open. It's great. :)

EnidDarkWater
08-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Well not many men can say they have a mermaid for a girlfriend.lol. So he'll be joining a very special club with extra bonus points for getting her that first tail. They sound really adorable! I'm Glad you found a swim buddy because its hard to find a fellow mer with all of us in the rocky mountain pod all spread out.

MermaidBrandie
08-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Well not many men can say they have a mermaid for a girlfriend.lol. So he'll be joining a very special club with extra bonus points for getting her that first tail. They sound really adorable! I'm Glad you found a swim buddy because its hard to find a fellow mer with all of us in the rocky mountain pod all spread out.
Agreed. We meed to get a meetup going. D: