PDA

View Full Version : Add on fins. Any complications?

EnidDarkWater
08-04-2014, 03:29 PM
I've been looking at getting a new tail and have really been leaning towards fin folk. I'm in the designing process right now but I find myself wondering have any of you had any problems or damage to your fins, specifically a dorsal? Half the gigs I do are dry so I would be sitting in it. Any helpful in sight would be lovely for this indecisive libra :D

Mermaid Galene
08-04-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm pondering the same question, Enid. I have a FinFolk tail on order and will sometimes use it for swimming, but a lot of our gigs will be dry land theater performances. I think I'm going to dispense with the dorsal fin and just go for long side fins attached down half the length of the tail. The newest photos from FinFolk feature those, and they look awesome!

Mermaid Wesley
08-04-2014, 06:17 PM
I know Raina's rapidash tail didn't have any extra fin problems until a carelessness accident at merfest that ripped her dorsal off partially. Other than that I haven't heard of any fun problems. You just have to be careful

AniaR
08-04-2014, 08:06 PM
My tail was fine for a long time but once someone did damage it the dorsal never really could be fixed. It is a weak spot right where you bend the knees. My pelvic fins got torn off once and stayed fixed. Same with my heel fins.

EnidDarkWater
08-04-2014, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=AniaR;140319 It is a weak spot right where you bend the knees.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware of the damage to your tail and I'm sorry to hear of it. Would you recommend a shorter dorsal Raina? I heard from someone that there have been problems with the dorsal almost "cracking" from continually sitting in it and folding it over. She said cracking was exactly the word she was going for but it was the best one she could come up with. I just don't want something to happen while busy with gigs to make my tail look bad or me have to cancel or change a gig.

AniaR
08-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Nope mine never did that. It just got pulled off behind the knees by another mermaid. So after I reglued it it could never stay because I was always bending. I never had mine crack.