PDA

View Full Version : Training?

Mermaid Seraphina
08-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Hi! I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on training to be a professional mermaid or just mermaiding in general? I already have the Fishy Business: How to be a mermaid (I loved reading it! and it helped me quite a bit) But I was wondering what else could help? So far I have been swimming laps in my fabric tail and diving. I am a little to nervous to practice flips in the water (although I should get over that)... Anything else that would help?
Thanks!
Mermaid Seraphina

Mermaid Saoirse
08-11-2014, 12:06 AM
My training consists of strengthening my muscles right now and getting used to performing different tricks. Most of the time I practice swimming on my back at the surface and swimming on my side underwater as well as on my back.
For now I would recommend you get comfortable being in the water. It's your element/second home when you're a mer and one of the best ways to train is to build up the stamina/power by swimming. When you feel you're confident enough to do flips then try them out.
Good luck Seraphina! Training is tiring work but it's so worth it when you swim the next time to learn that you can swim for longer and get exhausted less quick. :)

LauraLWatson
05-02-2015, 01:34 PM
We are offering The Mercademy this summer. It's year round on Sundays, but a week long workshop is August 3-8. www.TheMercademy.com

AniaR
05-02-2015, 04:17 PM
I've got vlogs and tutorials on my site www.makemeamermaid.com