PDA

View Full Version : Underwater set in progress

Odette
08-24-2014, 04:10 PM
I am working on a new set today. I have been playing with the idea for years, but i finally found the look that i want. Its going to take forever with the detail, but I'm very excited.
this is the last one i made. it was too small for my liking. (around 4 ft im guessing) and didn't last after i took this shot. The work i got done so far today looks like my new set will be maybe 10ft long and 4ft wide? It's definitely bigger. It will have lots of kelp, some of those fake aquarium plants, and maybe a giant clam shell. Maybe i can add some jewels and a chest at the bottom too, but right now, I need to work on the detail of the ground part and making large (6ft) kelp strands that will stay upright and hopefully keep some of the translucency. I'll keep posting progress once i can. I would love to shoot some footage with a bunch of mermaids once its done.

jukumerboii
08-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Are you going to be able to swim in it?

Odette
08-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Are you going to be able to swim in it?
Yes. The set is going to be made primarily for tanks, but can be used in small pools as well.

Odette
08-24-2014, 10:53 PM
I got one kelp strand (out of at least 5 needed) almost done and that took all day. needs another layer so i can add texture and the bulbs need to be attached. I plan for these to be part of the background wall.

The detail needed for the bottom part is ridiculous. This will take forever, but will look amazing, i know it!

Echidna
08-25-2014, 02:01 AM
It looks amazing already.

Mermaids should have a natural environment, or at least one looking the part. ;)

jukumerboii
09-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Yes definitely true! I cant wait to see this all set up and you swimming in it! I know it'll all look amazing!

Odette
09-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Thanks guys! The sand part takes forever! I can't even right now.lol. Too much going on right now so I may have a hard time finishing it by the end of the summer. The kelp strands turned out too green and not enough brown tint. The picture of the original design above was great, but the sand part got ruined after i pulled it out of the water. all that hard work *sigh*.

Winged Mermaid
09-04-2014, 01:52 AM
So exciting! ^_^