PDA

View Full Version : Mer-Training Classes will be offered

LauraLWatson
08-29-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm offering Mercademy in Arlington, Texas next summer. I'm seeking suggestions on what workshops/classes to offer. We currently have a 2-week training program. There is an adult class, ages 16+, and a children's class, ages 8-15. Strong swimming skills are required to enroll. Fabric tail is included in the cost of the class. This is a training program for beginners in every sense of the word. But I'd love to expand it one day. I'm trying to focus on the beginner aspect, first, with safety and believablity being our primary focus. I'm also willing to talk with professionals about your expertise to come be guest lecturers! Please give me your tips, suggestions, ideas, wish list, etc. Thanks!

Aquos Savar
08-30-2014, 12:01 PM
That's not a bad idea. There should be more of this kinds of classes in tropical countries, like hawaii, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and more.

What's the Cost of the program? And can Male students enroll?

LauraLWatson
08-31-2014, 11:15 AM
I think the programs will start emerging as we define the skills we need/wish we had when we started. Right now, the program is listed at $400. 10 classes over 2 weeks. We're trying to get that cost down before next June through sponsorship. YES. It is open to Men and Women, ages 8+. Check us out on Facebook. Facebook.com/TheMercademy We are JUST getting started.

Aquos Savar
08-31-2014, 12:14 PM
I've seen videos of the Philippines mermaid academy over the internet, and they offer an 2 hour lesson for 40 dollars, so this can compete with that academy, since each class would be 40 dollars. Hope everything develops ok.