PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Mermaid Pod Fall Meetup

BayouMermaid
08-30-2014, 05:54 PM
Hi Mers! Wanted to make everyone aware of the fall meetup for the Louisiana Pod! If you are in the south (especially the gulf coast), consider swimming on over. This one is taking place in New Orleans! Swim with other mermaids in the biggest pool in the Big Easy!

You must RSVP to be added to the list for this event (those who have responded in the facebook group are already covered). This is very important to ensure the safety of guests and it will also determine the final cost per mer for the pool rental. This event is a private function and is not open to the general public.

Louisiana Mermaid Pod Fall Meetup
Date: Saturday, 9/20/14
Time: 5pm to 7pm
Price: Currently set at $20 per person to cover the cost of the pool rental. Rate will lower if more than 10 people RSVP. Mermaids are encouraged to bring their mertenders!

The building is located at 6801 Franklin Avenue in the Gentilly neighborhood of New Orleans on the shores of Lake Pontchartrain. Directions from the interstate system are as follows:

From the East (Slidell, Mississippi): I-10 West towards New Orleans where you can exit onto Franklin Avenue (exit 238A). Turn right onto Franklin Avenue and continue for approximately 2.5 miles. The Arena is on located on the corner of Franklin Avenue and Lake Pontchartrain.

From the West (Metairie, Kenner, Baton Rouge): I-10 East to I-610 towards Slidell. On I-610, exit at Franklin Avenue (exit 4). Turn left on to Franklin Avenue and continue for approximately 2.5 miles. The Arena is located on the corner of Franklin Avenue and Lake Pontchartrain.

From Downtown, French Quarter, Uptown: 1-10 East towards Slidell. Exit at Elysian Fields Avenue (exit 237). Proceed north (veering left) on Elysian Fields Avenue to Leon C. Simon Blvd. Turn right onto Leon C. Simon Blvd. Proceed to 2nd traffic light which is Franklin Avenue. Turn left onto Franklin Avenue and Arena is located on your right. Please be aware that there is NO Franklin Avenue exit off the I-10 from Downtown.

From the Westbank: Cross the Crescent City Connection to I-10 East towards Slidell. Exit at Elysian Fields Avenue. Follow directions above from Downtown.

Chrissy
08-31-2014, 08:24 AM
I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!!!!