PDA

View Full Version : Who made Your Tail?

AniaR
09-02-2014, 04:51 PM
I Am curious as to the distribution of tails in our community Please answer this poll and comment! YOU CAN SELECT MORE THAN ONE IF YOU OWN MORE THAN ONE.

Chrissy
09-02-2014, 05:00 PM
I have a Mernation one and just emailed FinFolk about my second one!!

Mermaid Adriel
09-02-2014, 05:09 PM
I made my first fabric tail myself, the second one was made with the help of a dressmaker and I'm making a third in silicone.

SeaGlass Siren
09-02-2014, 05:36 PM
i'm thinking of getting another one. since my tail is made from alex plus it's started to crack and peel. basically not wearable anymore lol!!!

MermaidLilyRose
09-02-2014, 05:37 PM
My first tail was from merberry and my second from Finfolk =D

MerMatt
09-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Only tail I have had is from Mermaid Creations.

AniaR
09-02-2014, 05:49 PM
be sure to select the ones that apply above so we can get an accurate sense of the tails in circulation. Remember you can select more than one :D

Raayvhen
09-02-2014, 05:52 PM
My fabric and my silicone/neoprene tail are both handmade. I hope to buy a trail from Sirenalia in the near future.

Fifi Tigg
09-02-2014, 06:05 PM
I have a few different tails 1 Finfolk,1 Fishbutts, 2 MermaidsRus (revamped) and many of my own creation :D

Mermaid Wesley
09-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Woo all homemade for me! Hahahaha it's because I'm a poor college student.

SINicallyTwisted
09-02-2014, 06:16 PM
I make all my tails! ;)

AniaR
09-02-2014, 06:53 PM
wow lots of people make their own so far. awesome

theredknight100
09-02-2014, 07:02 PM
since my tail is made from alex plus it's started to crack and peel. basically not wearable anymore lol!!! sadly I heard alex plus is not a good ida to use whin you make an tail or have a tail :( you might of seen why by now, silicone and latex and fabric is the only thing good to use for tail makeing or buying an tail

Seraphina Suds
09-02-2014, 07:38 PM
I have one from UraMermaid that I painted myself, and one from Mermaids of Hawaii that we ended up repainting. So I picked self made, mer in the community, and other lol

Drake
09-02-2014, 07:40 PM
:cry:I'm tail-less.. and very jealous of all the pretty tails around here

Starfrit
09-02-2014, 07:43 PM
I chose both the "I Don't Own A Tail Yet" and the "Another Met in the Community" options because while I don't currently have a tail in my possession, I do have my first one in the works from Mortician! :D

Meghara July
09-02-2014, 07:49 PM
I have a Fish Butts tail that's only held up this long because I've barely used it :3 But I'm not complaining; I'm getting some good stuff out of it for my indie film, which is a huge blessing. I think I'm going to make my next one though, or find a nice sequin tail maker... I'm feeling so bare without my tail! (I just retired the Fish Butts one because it's hardly swimmable anymore. It holds up okay for short swims, but drying it is absolutely horrible and after so long in the water it stretches and doesn't stay up. So it's time for it to be put out to dry, so to speak.)
Plus, I don't have a regular outlet to swim in, so fabric or sequined is a better bet for me right now over silicone, but maybe one day :D

Mermaid Syaira
09-02-2014, 08:24 PM
I have a self made one and am saving for a merbella one

Mermaid Christin
09-02-2014, 09:03 PM
I have several self-made tails and I put in my order to FinFolk this summer.

SirenaBridge
09-02-2014, 10:14 PM
2 Magictails
1 FinFun tail

AniaR
09-02-2014, 10:15 PM
man I am so impressed I never realized how many people made their own tails! Way to go

Echidna
09-02-2014, 11:03 PM
I make my own tails.

11 so far, and materials and ideas for many more lol.
Most of them go into my group's performance collection.

I'd like to tackle a silicone tail too some day, but so far, I'm good with what I have.

Mermaid Jaffa
09-02-2014, 11:10 PM
3 home made tails, 1 Fin Fun and 1 Magictail. I love all my tails but the best ones are the homemade ones cos the fabric is thicker.

Merman Arion
09-03-2014, 02:55 AM
I own a blue tail from Magictail and another one from Finfolk Productions.

I'm also on my way on ordering a second one from them which will be H20 themed :)

SeaGlass Siren
09-03-2014, 07:38 AM
sadly I heard alex plus is not a good ida to use whin you make an tail or have a tail :( you might of seen why by now, silicone and latex and fabric is the only thing good to use for tail makeing or buying an tail
It's had its two year run. The back part is horrible but the front part remains in tact so I'll keep it for costuming. At least now I can finally design a new tail and save up :)

Vicky Mermaid
09-03-2014, 08:37 AM
We had a Mermaid Rentals Wettail. She is retired now.
I also own a neoprene mermaid tail made by SubSea Diving in the Netherlands
Also a Magictail
and My Merbella's tail is on the way

Slee
09-03-2014, 09:04 AM
I made my own tail, which has basically only led to more plans for better tail making... and now my daughter wants one too.

Cerulean
09-03-2014, 03:39 PM
I bought myself a finfun tail as a graduation present for the summer. Still working on the courage to try making my own even though I went out and bought fabric and stuff for it already

AniaR
09-03-2014, 04:49 PM
wow so many tails

Ayla of Duluth
09-04-2014, 11:53 AM
I had a merbellas tail that I sold and used the money to place an order at Finfolk. :)

AniaR
09-04-2014, 12:22 PM
^speaking of which I know Raven was hoping you'd pass on her info to the new owner since your tail was like the 2nd she made or something like that, in case the new owner wanted changed made to it.

Sherielle
09-04-2014, 12:31 PM
I have a fabric one from Mernation and a silicone tail from Mermaid Creations.

Ayla of Duluth
09-04-2014, 03:32 PM
I've contacted him a few times and told him to contact Raven about the tail, but his responses were hard to come by. I thought I sent his info to Raven so she could try her hand at contacting him, but I guess it didn't work. I hate to bash on the person who bought my tail, but he was a rather rude and pushy buyer throughout the whole process and as soon as I sent him the tracking number, he stopped responding to me altogether. Poor tail, we may never hear from it again...

AniaR
09-04-2014, 03:37 PM
^ wow that's nuts. I wonder if it was a tail maker incognito? LOL just kidding. or well maybe not who knows ;)

Anyway I am thrilled to see how many home made tails there are! wowza~

Arella
09-05-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm getting a full silicone merbellas :) waiting on sketches so excited! That being said the new tail has arrived I will be selling my basic :( I love it but I don't really need 2 tails

Merman Arion
09-05-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm getting a full silicone merbellas :) waiting on sketches so excited! That being said the new tail has arrived I will be selling my basic :( I love it but I don't really need 2 tails

WHAT?! But it's a lovely tail! [emoji20]
You could keep it and offer more diversity for your performances.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

AniaR
09-05-2014, 11:21 AM
I was thinking a basic tail would be great for dry gigs, then a performance for wet. If I had more money and Raven made them, that's what I'd do lol

Arella
09-05-2014, 10:44 PM
The basic is really hot on land bc of the neoprene I'm sure silicone isn't much better though. I'm really not a fan of dry events I avoid them is possible :) It's just not practical for me to keep both I don't have the space or need :(

AniaR
09-05-2014, 11:48 PM
haha well lemme know when you get that far and wanna sell ;) always trying to keep my mers in tails

Arella
09-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Will do :) love my tail but only need one would love to see it go to a good home

Felicia
09-06-2014, 01:17 AM
I made my first 4 tail from fabric and then AlexPlus, then "upgraded" to a mertailor latex tail, and now I've finally ordered my merbellas tail

Yulia
09-09-2014, 04:25 PM
I'VE ORDERED AND PAID FOR MY TAIL OMG :yay:

Aurore la Sirène is making it, so I voted 'other'.

Mermaid Wesley
09-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Ooh can't wait to see that! I am intrigued by her tails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yulia
09-09-2014, 04:37 PM
It's going to be a full latex tail. Yeah, I'm very excited too se one of her tails up close.
The only thing I don't like is her seams, but hopefully the landcrabs won't notice ;)

Laureen French Mermaid
09-15-2014, 01:21 PM
I did, but now in France we have "Création Sirène" by Aurore the french Mermaid ^^
http://www.creationetventequeue.sitew.fr/#Accueil.A

Talia
09-15-2014, 02:03 PM
I own two Magictails: one blue and one turquoise.

I am considering now buying one from Mermaid Kat.

Morganna
09-15-2014, 02:18 PM
I only have one fabric tail that I made myself.

Mermaid Neri Elvina
09-15-2014, 02:51 PM
I don't have one currently but I will be getting a FinFun and Mernation

TaurielTheElementMerfairy
11-11-2014, 03:35 AM
I now have a Fin Fun tail with monofin and matching bikini top and bikini bottom with matching tankini and I love it and it's my first tail and I ordered and paid for it my self.
I just have to make my own Mer Facebook and YouTube pages so I can post pics and videos to them and I did a unboxing video the day that I got it in the mail and I will post it here and on my Mer pages as soon as I can and as soon as I know how to post pics and videos here.

Mermaid Kassandra
11-11-2014, 09:36 AM
I own a fusion silicone tail from Mer-tails that looks exactly what I dreamt (fluke and fins are completely customizable in colors and shape so you can have exactly what you think) and it's indestructible really!

I had kids pulling my fins, dorsal and fluke really hardly and nothing happened everything stayed in place 😁

I'm super happy!

You can see pictures and videos of it here

www.Facebook.com/mermaidKassandra

www.YouTube.com/themermaidKassandra

12-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone. Does anyone have any unboxing pics of everything that they ordered from Fin Fun that I can see so that I can get my own unboxing pics ideas?
Cause when I can I'm going to be taking some unboxing pics of my own as soon as I can and as soon it is daylight and as soon as I figured out what room I would like to take the pics in since I don't know yet.
I have tried finding my own pic ideas on yahoo pics but I haven't found a lot of them that I really like and that I csn get my own ideas from.
If you can help me out with everything that I said above please let me know here as soon as you can and if you are friends with me on Facebook then you can let me know on messenger as soon as you can.
:D :) :D :) :D :)

Mermaid Jaffa
12-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone. Does anyone have any unboxing pics of everything that they ordered from Fin Fun that I can see so that I can get my own unboxing pics ideas?
Cause when I can I'm going to be taking some unboxing pics of my own as soon as I can and as soon it is daylight and as soon as I figured out what room I would like to take the pics in since I don't know yet.
I have tried finding my own pic ideas on yahoo pics but I haven't found a lot of them that I really like and that I csn get my own ideas from.
If you can help me out with everything that I said above please let me know here as soon as you can and if you are friends with me on Facebook then you can let me know on messenger as soon as you can.
Choose a room with lots of daylight, if you have an outside deck do it there. As for what to show, my personal preference are the ones that show everything. For example if you've ordered tankini and pants, show them, then talk about the stitching, if its well made or not (Fin Fun usually has nice stitching which I can't do as my sewing machine is a very basic one!), and then turn it inside out, show ppl it has lining, bra cups etc. Then onto talking about the colors, the tail and the fabric. Swim pics or videos too, zoom in so people can see clearly of the tail and scales. Some people like to see how the colors fair underwater before they buy it. And whether or not you may get another one from the company.

Mermaid Lorelei
12-08-2014, 06:25 PM
I love the fact that HALF of the people who voted made their own tail. That just makes me smile.

01-29-2015, 01:26 AM
Hi everyone. I have been thinking about getting the same stuff again from Fin Fun and in the same size for everything but a different color with monofin and I'm also thinking of getting the matching shorts for both, the matching headbands for both and the matching Barbie outfits for both, but I'm not sure if I should get their blue tote tail bag for both from them or the big artisan portfolio bag for both to carry them in.
So that if I go to Mer meets or conventions or anything like that I would have a 2nd set for somebody else to wear in case they don't have a tail at all or couldn't make a tail in time.
Plus I was also wondering when do you think I should do my ideas that I just said above? After my tail that I have now turns 1 year old, or after my tail that I have now turns 2 years old or more or down the road?
Please let me know as soon as you can about both ideas on about the same tail set but in different color, the other matching things that I said above, and what tote to get for both as soon as you can so I know what you think I should do about everything that I said above.

Mermaid Jaffa
01-29-2015, 01:59 AM
Hi everyone. I have been thinking about getting the same stuff again from Fin Fun and in the same size for everything but a different color with monofin and I'm also thinking of getting the matching shorts for both, the matching headbands for both and the matching Barbie outfits for both, but I'm not sure if I should get their blue tote tail bag for both from them or the big artisan portfolio bag for both to carry them in.
So that if I go to Mer meets or conventions or anything like that I would have a 2nd set for somebody else to wear in case they don't have a tail at all or couldn't make a tail in time.
Plus I was also wondering when do you think I should do my ideas that I just said above? After my tail that I have now turns 1 year old, or after my tail that I have now turns 2 years old or more or down the road?
Please let me know as soon as you can about both ideas on about the same tail set but in different color, the other matching things that I said above, and what tote to get for both as soon as you can so I know what you think I should do about everything that I said above.
I wouldn't worry about a matching swimsuit for somebody else. For that extra cost, you could get a 3rd tail in a different color.

Rogue Siren
02-02-2015, 06:52 PM
I made my own fabric tail and got a latex tail from Mermaid Julz. Her company is Under Sea Mermaid Co. :D

I'm working on making my first silicone tail for another costumer. My page is Rogue Siren on facebook. :)

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
02-03-2015, 12:35 AM
Lotus/Nichole Colchiski is working on finishing up my neoprene tail... I listed her as "Another Mer in the Community," since, while I know she works with Aquatails, mine is, I think her own creation, separate from theirs.

Mermaid_Kenzee
02-10-2015, 10:55 PM
I have a mermaids of Hawaii tail. 😊

Mermaid Harmony
02-10-2015, 11:13 PM
Kenzee, I just looked at your pic and was like that looks exactly like my fish butt, same colors, dorsal and everything. Then realized it was lol. Miss you lady.

Little_Orca
02-11-2015, 04:56 AM
I made my own, and even though I can happily click the Merbella option as well, I will continue to make cloth (maybe even neoprene) tails so that I can continue to volunteer in Una's Fanta-sea Cove which permits only fabric tails. :)

MerAnthony
02-11-2015, 08:04 AM
I have 4 tails. 3 were made myself an one I got from Mermaid Morticia. The tails I made 1 is spandex an the other 2 are neoprene, but 1 is 2mm smoothskin neoprene the other is not. The one I have from Mermaid Morticia is spandex.

Mermaid_Kenzee
02-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Harmony, haha yup that's your fish butts tail! I haven't taken and pictures or even swam in my tail yet it's kinda cold here. 😊 during the summer I'm definitely going to take some pictures!

Rebekah.fish
06-01-2015, 06:40 PM
I have a homemade and a mertailor tail that should be here tomorrow ^-^

AniaR
06-01-2015, 09:29 PM
If people didnt realize you can select more than one in the poll ;)

PhaylennMurúch
06-01-2015, 10:08 PM
My Mermaid Morticia tail should be done soon *squee!*

SeaMansa
06-01-2015, 10:26 PM
In surprised there are so many homemade tails here :D thats awesome. I swear I always figured more people here got there's from Mertailor and such

Mermaid Jaffa
06-01-2015, 11:41 PM
Yes. Making my own tails is way more affordable than buying one and then you have to factor in the shipping costs, when you could've just bought more fabric with shipping money!

Well that's how I look at it.

Cordelia
06-13-2015, 04:09 AM
Self-made tail here! And I'm working on a second one, too. I definitely agree with the affordability aspect. Supplies are less expensive and coupons to major craft retailers are available, plus you can get extra discounts shopping online. If you're not sure how to sew a certain stitch or add a zipper, youtube tutorials for tail-making and sewing in general are plentiful!