PDA

View Full Version : hiring people????

MermaidCecelia
09-02-2014, 06:23 PM
i saw this post on his facebook page and i thought it was pretty interesting :

"Okey Dokey facebook and Mertailor fans! Mertailor LLC is looking to hire a few part time employees. We are looking to add members to our artistic team. Do you have what it takes?

We are looking for artistic individuals who are hard working and work well under pressure. Applicant must be at least 18 years of age, artistic, have previous working experience, have a clean record, flexible with working days/hours, well rounded, easy to train, and will be required to participate in a variety of duties in our studio such as sewing, molding, pattern making, pouring silicones, sculpting, painting, cleaning, customer service, etc...

We are ALSO looking for a seamstress (may be commercially trained) who is good with a serger (commercial and/or domestic) and familiar with sewing spandex and lycra materials.

Our studio location is located in Crystal River, Florida. Please apply by sending your resumes, portfolios, and resumes to:

hire@themertailor.com

Please be sure that you spread the word about this opportunity to your friends and family. We know a lot of you have been waiting for this opportunity and we are very excited to start the process.

Please understand that what we do here at Mertailor is not for everyone and we cannot guarantee anyone a permanent spot. A trial period may be required.

Good luck!!"

what do you think about this? yay or nay?
do you think he should just continue making tails himself , or do you think more people helping with the creation of tails is a good idea ? thought it be interesting to see the debate

AniaR
09-02-2014, 06:52 PM
I think it's a great idea and should improve the quality of the work coming out, and turn around times. I wish more mertail makers would go for it, but I understand why some dont

MermaidCecelia
09-02-2014, 07:18 PM
I think it's a great idea and should improve the quality of the work coming out, and turn around times. I wish more mertail makers would go for it, but I understand why some dont

i think its a good idea overall too

the good part of it will be that , as long as the employees know what they are doing , can speed up production , specially when i notice how eric takes on alot of orders

the only con i think is if eric lets others do the custom painting for the silicone tails , people might find it argueable , because some artists hands and styles can make it come out different and im sure if people do save up to purchase a full silicone , they would want to know who they are actually paying to paint and such. and any mistakes done by an employee wouldnt be good for business

but painting for the less custom ones ( the silicone neoprene/neoprine or the partial silicone models ) i think would be a good idea sense their are alot of orders for those models sense they are lower prices and not as complex that probably anybody working there could complete

its defnitely alot of work to create them and i think it would sound like a cool job opportunity as well as a good way for better production

AniaR
09-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Matty already does a lot of painting actually

PearlieMae
09-02-2014, 08:43 PM
I'll be curious to see if he makes the new hires sign non-disclosure agreements, non-compete clauses, etc. The last thing any tailmaker would want is to train someone, then have them quit and start their own competing tailmaking business. I mean, it's not rocket science, but there are techniques that you don't learn from wikipedia or youtube.

Wasn't he trying to open a brick and mortar storefront?

Winged Mermaid
09-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Good for him! Hopefully it will help with some of the issues I've heard about. I know Finfolk has people working for them as well.

Firemaid
09-02-2014, 09:58 PM
We have four people total on our team! I do all the seams, Jason does the painting, and the assistants clean, hand us things and run errands!
It's great!

Morticia Mermaid
09-03-2014, 02:55 AM
Assistants are a lot of help. There's been times i wouldn't have made deadlines on rush orders without their help.