PDA

View Full Version : First tail ever - almost finished

anichanchu
09-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I almost finished my first tail today! I'm pretty excited.

There's a lot wrong with it but I think it's good for my first one.

I need to work on the top a bit (Trying to figure out how I want to do it) but the bottom is almost all open and I may put some velcro in it.

Mermaid Galene
09-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Looks great! It fits you beautifully.

Cetus_The_Sapphire_Merman
09-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Beautiful. Perfect fit.

Mermaid Saoirse
09-10-2014, 10:48 PM
The tail's coming out awesome! The color looks great on you :D
What material did you use to make it?

SeaSister
09-10-2014, 11:03 PM
What kind of monofin did you use for this? I really like the way it moves in the water (assuming it's the same one as your gif)! :)

Mermaid Saoirse
09-10-2014, 11:07 PM
If I remember correctly(she made a thread of the fin in the monofins section) she's using a Fin Fun Pro monofin. They really do look nice in the water and from their size they should be pretty easy to store. :)

Mermaid Corabelle
09-11-2014, 01:01 AM
I love how shiny it is! That's your FIRST tail you ever made? Fin-tastic! It looks beautiful and seems to be the perfect fit!

anichanchu
09-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Y'all are so sweet :) I'm really just in love with it. I'm going swimming in it on the 26th but I'm looking for times before that to go swim!

What kind of monofin did you use for this? I really like the way it moves in the water (assuming it's the same one as your gif)! :)
Mermaid Saoirse was correct, It's a Fin Fun Pro :) It is the same one, and I like it too! It's a little weird because it has holes for your feet to slip in but your feet are just against the- what I assume is- plexiglass inside.

The tail's coming out awesome! The color looks great on you :D
What material did you use to make it?
Thank you! I really like it. I got it HERE (http://www.ebay.com/itm/151183537807?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=450402713343&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) in 3 yards. I have SO much left over.

MermaidSidian
09-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Cute! and i have to agree, the colouring compliments you so well!! Pics of the water testing maybe??? =3

anichanchu
09-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Cute! and i have to agree, the colouring compliments you so well!! Pics of the water testing maybe??? =3

Thank you very much :)
Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to go swimming (And we're looking to get rid of our YMCA membership) but on the 25th I'll do some test swimming and I'll have pictures and video~

anichanchu
10-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Ok well I've been gone foooooreverrrrr so I'm sorry!
Anyways,
my first swim was fantastic! I did the tail for a costume, so the only pictures I have are in costume, and *somewhere* there's video of me swimming.

So the greatest thing was, I was sitting around with the group, talking and this family came in with their two kids, and as soon as the little boy stepped inside, he pointed at me and shouted, "Ariel!". Well, obviously I'm no red-headed, green tailed mermaid, but I waved at him and they went on to swim and such for a while. Before they left, they came up with their dad and he said, "Excuse us, Ariel, but my children wanted to come say hi." So I said hello and asked if they'd enjoyed swimming, to which they eagerly nodded and smiled.
Was great :) Anyways, I already want to start on a new, better tail. But I have no place to swim at currently so ugh!

teeth4u
10-15-2014, 03:19 PM
So pretty! I love the color

Mermaid Kelda
10-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Aw, that's cute! Seems with a lot of kids, mermaid = Ariel, no matter your tail/hair colour.
The tail looks fantastic on you! :) can't wait to see videos!

Genevieve
10-15-2014, 07:31 PM
That color is perfect on you! You also got the fit spot on. Welcome to Club Ariel! :mermaid kiss:

anichanchu
10-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Thanks everyone!
I'm really hoping I can find the videos haha. One of the girls' boyfriends was using his gopro, since I had left my camera upstairs :(

I already want to start a new tail, AND I got my friend into it! Hoping she'll become a new mer with me!

Genevieve
10-15-2014, 10:27 PM
The more the mer-rier. :p Sorry, I couldn't resist. Bring on the videos!