PDA

View Full Version : Met another mermaid! *Squeee*

Mermaid Jaffa
09-17-2014, 07:06 AM
This afternoon, I went for a swim at the club pool... I forgot the check the club squad's timetables and had to wait 3 hrs on the seats for the lanes to return to normal.

At 7 pm, the squads went home, while watching the lane pool for the last swimmers to reach the other end, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a merfin!

Anyway, short story, I went to sit next to the Grandma and started up a conversation. Her granddaughter always wanted to be a mermaid and she got a child size Merfin for Christmas. So we chit chat for a while, I showed her my orange Merfin, then said, "If she wants to, she can join me in the lane."

I barely plopped in and the girl came in, and we swam together, and showed each other tricks, raced to the end. Ha! Never knew it was so much fun with another mermaid!

We were both so excited at seeing someone else in a mermaid fin. I told her I had 4 tail skins and if she was coming again to the pool next week, I'd bring one and show her.

Bleh! So much for my not talking to kids rule. I totally caved at seeing someone else with the same thing as me!

Oh and in another lane were two guys with a competitor and wetsuits, I think they were practicing freediving, but I didn't talk to them much. All I asked was, "Is that a competitor? It looks really cool!" I'm like Raj in Big Bang Theory, except I can't talk to guys, I freeze up!

Oh and I'm not tired nor have sore muscles. It feels kinda refreshing.

Mermaid Kelda
09-17-2014, 07:19 PM
That's fantastic! I'm always hoping I'll meet another mermaid who hasn't found MN yet, but it never happens haha. One day!

Echidna
09-18-2014, 02:27 PM
I totally talk to children if they have a fin/tail, and/or do underwater dolphin.

It's great to meet other mers out of the blue, no matter who they are! :)

Mermaid Jaffa
09-18-2014, 10:24 PM
The odd thing now that I think about it, when we were chatting in the lanes, it was like I couldn't keep still! I had to move around, swish the fin, swish my body...

Cerulean
09-19-2014, 03:24 AM
Cute story! Maybe you two could be occasional swim buddies, Im sure shell be excited by the different tail skins.

Mermaid Jaffa
09-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Cute story! Maybe you two could be occasional swim buddies, Im sure shell be excited by the different tail skins.

Too late for that. Someone made an offer on our house, we're moving back to Sydney! Hopefully, there are more mers in the city.

Princess Pearl
09-23-2014, 09:04 PM
I had the same sort of thing happen to me today! I went for a swim in full hair, makeup and accessories, because I was trying to get some more swimming footage. A little girl and her mom came in. Not only did the girl have a mermaid tail, she had THE SAME BRAND AS ME!!!

She just got her tail today, so this was her first swim. She and her friend apparently do a mermaid show on YouTube (one of the cute little H20 knockoffs) but until now they've been sharing a tail. She was in awe of me, but very polite, asking questions about how I made things and actually asking before trying to touch my silicone shell bra (I said no, because that's just weird). It was some of the most fun I've had in a while. We live in the same building, so I'll probably see her again!

Mermaid Jaffa
09-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Yea, I am a little disappointed at having to move away when I finally found another mermaid!