PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid-Meet this saturday in southern germany

MermaidNadia
09-24-2014, 03:05 AM
Hi Mermaids,
Not sure if the info is elsewhere to be seen, but THIS Saturday the 27th of Sep. there is a Mermaid Meet scheduled to take place in Schorndorf, near Stuttgart. The Place is called OSKAR FRECH FREIBAD and the event starts at 10am:
http://www.meerjungfrauen-club.de/mj-schule/grosses-meerjungfrauentreffen-2014/ (http://www.meerjungfrauen-club.de/?email_id=26&user_id=476&urlpassed=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5tZWVyanVuZ2ZyYXVlbi1jbHVi LmRlL21qLXNjaHVsZS9ncm9zc2VzLW1lZXJqdW5nZnJhdWVudH JlZmZlbi0yMDE0Lw%3D%3D&controller=stats&action=analyse&wysija-page=1&wysijap=subscriptions)
I'll be there with my girls. It's for the Miss Germany Mermaid 2014 contest...
bis dann!

Echidna
09-24-2014, 09:58 AM
yep, the fourth and seventh thread in this very section discuss it ;)

so far, it doesn't look like any MN members will come, which is a bit sad, but understandable given the location and everything.

Mermaid Fenicia
09-24-2014, 01:17 PM
I wish I could go, but I have another event that I'll be going to that same day and it's closer to where I live.

MermaidNadia
09-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry I posted this. I haven't had time to read other posts lately.....didn't notice the repetition.

Echidna
09-27-2014, 02:30 PM
well, let us know how it was! :)

MermaidNadia
09-28-2014, 06:09 AM
well, let us know how it was! :)

Not sure what to write. I don't want to bash anything to do with mermaids, but this was quite boring. We left after 3 hours because it just seemd like nothing was happening. Everyone was quite self-absorbed and there was no real feeling of mermaid community. The pool was mostly empty, the contest was very slow-moving, and EVERYONE except my kids had a magictail on! No costumes whatsoever! It was like a big magictail event, not much more.
Anyway, that's just my opinion. I'm sure many people liked it.

Echidna
09-28-2014, 06:43 AM
Everyone was quite self-absorbed and there was no real feeling of mermaid community. The pool was mostly empty, and EVERYONE except my kids had a magictail on!

funny, that's what my mother predicted what it would be like when I tried to persuade her to attend after all.
In the end we didn't, because the evening before a family member fell down the stairs.

But from what you describe, I wouldn't have liked it either.
It makes me sad when there is no community feel.
A miss pageant does not really add to that, it's practically MADE for people who are showboaters.

What surprises me is that the pool was mostly empty (?!!), mermaids are water creatures, what were they doing all the time, decoratively sitting on the edge twirling their hair? :p

While that could have been a good opportunity for me to finally swish my tail in deeper water unobstructed, somehow I get the feeling it wouldn't have been a welcome sight to the mers who feel more comfortable dry.

Ye, but know what?
When the weather is warm again (or maybe sometime when the pool isn't busy, although I try to avoid chlorine as much as possible), we can swim together in our tails.
You don't need a big crowd to have a community, just a few people who really like what they're doing :)

SeaNymph
10-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Oh. my. god. That´s even worse than I expected. Found this picture and was wondering if the word "cliché" means anything to them?! Watch the oh-so-mighty-macho-masculine model choach with his oh-only-blond-and-sweet Barbie dolls. It was made with the winners of the Germany´s next topmodel contest, ehm, sorry, mermaid model contest of course, because they wear magictails...

Echidna
10-01-2014, 02:44 PM
^^lolz!
I'm double happy I wasn't there seeing that pic.

Also, ironic all of them are blonde, but from just that one shot you can already tell at least 4 of them are bleached brunettes
(and given the quite unnatural colour of the fifth, it's highly probably none of them is blonde for real :p )

nothing like a bunch of hydrogen peroxyde loving mermaids :eye twitch: