PDA

View Full Version : World's deepest pool inauguration with...A MERMAID

Aquos Savar
09-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Some folks were talking about a hotel that has the deepest pool in the world. They were talking about who would be able to reach the bottom and surface on a single breath, but i kept my eye on one of the professional free divers at the inauguration who decided not to swim the depths, but keep herself at the spectators and photographers area of vision swimming around in a mermaid tail.

Most people were watching her swim here and there, taking pictures or being amazed.

In other words, merfolk is everywhere, even in Italy

Here's the video recorded by one of the local divers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAur8zP__VU#t=139

Seraphina Suds
09-27-2014, 11:36 PM
What an awesome pool! And great mermaid too! That tail looks super familiar but I can't place it...

SeaSister
09-28-2014, 02:20 AM
So cool! I definitely want to visit this when I go to Italy in a couple of months. :D

Mermaid Adriel
09-28-2014, 06:07 AM
If I remember well, The mermaid is Ilaria Molinari, the Italian champion of apnea, and her tail was made by Gocce di Sirena :)

Echidna
09-28-2014, 06:46 AM
ye, that's her!
She has a unique way of swimming, and she's gorgeous as a mermaid.

(The pool could be prettier though :p I've seen her swim in the ocean with dolphins, and it was a much nicer setting.)

Merenneito Nerissa
09-28-2014, 06:53 AM
I saw this in the Finland's Diver society's Facebook page and I was so thrilled when the text was something like "mermaids really do exist". I replyed " Of course they do" ^_^ So yes, mermaids exist in Italy too and even Finland knows :D

Ariel-Starfish
09-28-2014, 08:56 AM
This is amazing! ;)

Mermaid Galene
09-28-2014, 10:26 AM
That mermaid could hold her breath for an amazingly long time!

Genevieve
09-28-2014, 12:05 PM
She is seriously talented. The pool is a masterpiece, too!

Yulia
09-29-2014, 08:01 AM
She looks very natural in the water, even though it's nota a "natural" setting.

Merenneito Nerissa
09-29-2014, 08:19 AM
It would be absolutely amazing to swim in that pool too! * day dreaming.... *

Mermaid Jaffa
10-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Wow! How does she go so deep without having to blow her ears?

Genevieve
10-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Good call, Jaffa. Probably a combination of earplugs and mad experience.

Mermaid Kassandra
10-04-2014, 03:51 AM
If you look carefully she's wearing ear and nose plugs.

Plus mermaiding exist in Italy from 2012 me and mermaid Zaffiro are in Italy from that year.

Molinari just started this year but she's not a professional mermaid, she's just a free diver and she were wearing the tail for that occasion only and for a shooting and stop.

Sadly it seems that she's not taking the whole mermaid thing in the same way all of us here on Mernetwork do :(

Echidna
10-04-2014, 11:07 AM
eh, well.
She might not wear a tail all the time, but she looks to me far more mermaidy than a number of "pro mermaids" who just lather on a ton of blue-green make-up and then go sit in a library.

The original mermaids were all "just" freedivers- able to do astounding things under water, so they didn't even need a tail to be called mermaid by everyone seeing them.

Depends on how you define mermaiding, I guess.
To some, it's being the best freediver they can possibly be; to others it's dress-up, no water needed.

At any rate, that woman's a mermaid in my eyes, tail or no tail.

Miyu
10-04-2014, 04:52 PM
*laughs* I love how you said that, Echidna! :rotfl:

But yes, I agree, I think she looks so much like an actual mermaid, because she's not all caught up in the "glamour" aspect of it, as so many pro-mers are (which can be understandable, as pro-mermaiding kind of intersects with fantasy modelling). She's already so comfortable with her swimming, and she just swims around like a sea creature, instead of stopping to blow kisses or make poses... I think that kind of helps add to the "mermaidiness" of her performance!

And that is such a good point - we do all have our own definitions of what it means to be a mermaid - for example, I can't dive, I can barely stay under the surface currently, I can't do tricks yet, and my breath hold is atrocious... yet I'm still a mermaid :3

I really love this pool, I've been watching the videos of it over and over because it really is a remarkable pool and I do wish I could swim there one day!

Mermaid Galene
10-04-2014, 05:30 PM
I am totally blown away with how real this diver looks and how organically she swims in a mermaid tail. Whatever she chooses to call herself, she is 100% mermaid in my eyes!

Mermaid Kassandra
10-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Oh I didn't mean that she's not looking like a mermaid I was just stating that she doesn't do it as a job or hobby but it's something she does just occasionally, something she does only if she has to I don't know if you get what I mean.

OceanWhisper
02-26-2015, 04:49 AM
I know this is from last year, but DAYUM that's one heck of a breath hold she has! She would be an amazing pro mermaid! :mermaid kiss:
I love the way her fluke moves too

Echidna
02-26-2015, 04:01 PM
I was reading about that hotel the other day.

The pool is not only fantastically deep (40 metres!) and has this nice outlay with ridges and platforms and stuff, it's also...over 32°C warm!
:drool:
Because it's a thermal pool. Maybe not even chlorine in it, just salt.
It might be worth the travel for me, I'm sick and tired of cold water.