PDA

View Full Version : Beginner tails

mermaidlover237
09-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Hi I'm Mermaid Ellie from Seattle I don't have a tail yet and I wanted to know what type of tails I should get. I know they say fabric or spandex... but I think I want to get a tail December ish and I wanted to know what type of tail was best for begginers. If you could comment some sites and around the price range that would be awesome! Thank you
Mermaid Ellie [emoji227] [emoji224] [emoji572]

Seatan
09-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Definitely fabric first, to see if you like it. Not worth spending. $3000 only to discover it's not really your thing! They are super easy to make yourself if you have a sewing machine, and that is what I would do if I was you. But you can also check the Tailmakers section for a list of people who sell tails.

mermaidlover237
09-29-2014, 05:59 AM
Thank you very much Seavanna

Chrissy
10-01-2014, 10:35 AM
I agree fabric first would be a great start. Check out fin fun, they make really pretty fabric tail!!!

MarkF
10-02-2014, 03:19 PM
I've just recruited the littlest Mermaid, "my granddaughter 3" ask mom if she could be a Mermaid!
Two months ago I'd shown her all my Mermaid friends and got her a mermaid doll and today she asked Mom if she could be a Mermaid too. "See in our family we know their real." So now in addition to my own Tail I need to make a guppy size. You think sequins is a problem for a 3 year old, may just a shiny material?
Sure wish I could make a swimmer. :D

Mermaid Wesley
10-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Oh how cute. Maybe just a walking tail to start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkF
10-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Woundn't she trip on the fin?

Mermaid Wesley
10-02-2014, 03:53 PM
I think it depends on how you make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Fenicia
10-02-2014, 04:38 PM
http://users.telenet.be/the-mermaid/tutoral/meermin/meermine.htm ;)

deepblue
10-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Woundn't she trip on the fin?

I have seen a walking tail for a child's costume which had the tail made to curve up, and a string was attached from one fluke to the wrist so it stayed off the ground. I tried to find a picture of one like it, but couldn't. The only worry then is if the child old enough that the string isn't a strangle hazard?

MarkF
10-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Mermaid Wesley, good idea. She thought you were the little Mermaid, I asked about the red hair and she pointed to the green tail. I said "Ohh!"

SurlySeaNymph, She's old enough to survive cords and choking.

I did a search on the web for Mermaid Costumes and there's enough to outfit an entire pod of 3 year olds. I think I'm going to buy something simple so she can wear it everywhere and destroy it having fun.

MermaidFenicia I'm saving yours for next time.

Thanks