PDA

View Full Version : Clair Brauer Tails?

Genevieve
10-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Anyone tried/know anything about Clair Brauer and her work? I am looking into her silicone neoprene tails; they're in my price range and the green one looks fab in and out of the water. Just wanted to see if anyone had any fins-on experience.

http://clairbrauer.wix.com/clair#!blank/ctgn

Mermaid Wesley
10-03-2014, 06:10 PM
She has an etsy and is working on improving her tailmaking :) there's a thread on her Somewhere....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yulia
10-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Here's the thread!
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?8550-New-tailmaker-on-etsy

Mermaid Jaffa
10-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Oh so beautiful! Looks professional, clean lines, no rough spots.

Tetra
10-03-2014, 10:11 PM
This is so in my price range. I would definitely consider her before jumping to full silicone

Genevieve
10-03-2014, 10:19 PM
That was what drew me. I would go into it knowing it wouldn't hold up to the wear that a full silicone would, or that it might not allow for some of the spectacular designs I've seen on here. You always get what you pay for (or less, from what I've seen in some reviews of various tailmakers). But for an ordinary mer, I think it could do the job. I think any kids I know would just be stoked to swim with a mermaid.

Prince Calypso
10-04-2014, 02:57 AM
Hmm i might consider her over buying from the mertailor. the price is a bit higher than his neoprene/silicone tail but the fact that she offers different fluke designs and is willing to work with you on color and design is really nice. i would want to see more tails though before I order and get a few reviews from other people

Meronica
10-05-2014, 07:28 PM
If someone buys one of her tails be sure to post pictures! I would love to order a second tail from her but she doesn't seem to have many client photos yet! (:

Genevieve
10-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Well, I took the plunge! I placed an order yesterday, so we shall see how it goes. I'll keep all of you posted. Here is my design; it is modeled on the thresher shark.

OceanRose
10-12-2014, 03:25 AM
Nice colours! I'm excited to see how it looks :)

Genevieve
11-30-2014, 07:28 PM
Well... Clair has informed me that she had to stop making tails. I'm supposed to be refunded in the next few weeks. Darn it.

Miyu
11-30-2014, 09:19 PM
That stinks :( I was hoping to see more of her work. At least you're able to be refunded! Was there any word as to what happened? Do you have any other tailmakers in mind?

Genevieve
11-30-2014, 09:32 PM
She said:

I am sorry to inform you, but I am unable to complete your tail order at this time. I have closed down all tail orders due to personal reasons that are preventing me to work. I apologize for the inconvenience. But you will be payed back in full on paypal by mid December. Again I apologize for the inconvenience. I tried everything I could to make it work.

I'm with you, Miyu -- I was really excited to see what she would put together. But after all the horror stories I have heard on here, I can be okay with this as long as I am paid back in a reasonable amount of time.

I am looking into other tailmakers, but it is hard to find a tailmaker who seemed to be such a good fit. I can't afford (and can probably go without) a tail in the league of Merbella or FlipTails. I loved the idea of silicone/neoprene, but that's hard to come by. I'm hesitant to go through Mertailor, and there is no way I could do it on my own.

If anyone has any suggestions for a good mid-range tail, please let me know!

Mermaid Jaffa
11-30-2014, 09:41 PM
How bout Jazz's tails? They seem a pretty affordable price to me, hoping to get one from her in the future.
http://www.purplerainbowtails.com/

Genevieve
11-30-2014, 09:48 PM
I have considered her -- her work is lovely, not to mention a great cause.

Miyu
11-30-2014, 09:52 PM
I know I talk about her all the time, but Morticia Mermaid makes lovely tails in a decent price range, though she has a bit of a wait going on right now for tails. She makes beautiful, custom-painted Neoprene tails, and she's trying to expand into silicone soon.

Prince Calypso
12-01-2014, 01:26 AM
well thats extremely disappointing to hear.
she was fairly close to my price range and pretty much the only alternative i had to mertailor
Jazz's tails are amazing beautiful but extremely out of my price range even for one of her simpler tails though i do love her work
its so disappointing when a lower cost tail maker either has shitty business ethic or stops making tails

Miyu
12-01-2014, 02:38 AM
It is sad :( I'm always hoping to see more mid-range tailmakers who stick with it...

BTW, I love your new avatar, Calypso! :swoon:

Prince Calypso
12-01-2014, 06:36 PM
:blush::blush: aww thank you