PDA

View Full Version : design Help?

Mermaid Syaira
10-06-2014, 11:29 PM
I am trying to pick a design for my merbellas tail =D but I'm not sure what one to go with... also feel free to tell me what you think they need added to them or changed =)

24654 24688
Please don't take these designs. Please.

Mermaid Harmony
10-06-2014, 11:52 PM
The scroll work with the bottom tail.

Mermaid Syaira
10-06-2014, 11:52 PM
what do you mean?

Yulia
10-07-2014, 12:33 PM
I like the third design best too.

MerEmma
10-07-2014, 01:04 PM
WOW! They all look so incredibly awesome. I haven't seen many red Merbellas tails...so I'm partial to that one but I think voerall I like the first one best.

Mermaid Syaira
10-07-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm kinda going between the top two at the moment

Mermaid Kassandra
10-08-2014, 01:27 AM
I love the last one <3

Mer-Crazy
10-08-2014, 01:47 AM
I'd maybe say not the second one, since Mermaid Michelle is already getting a fire design from Raven, I doubt your 2 will look too similar, since her's is very intricate but it's still something Raven is working on right now, just so you know in case you want to make sure you're not stepping on anyone's toes you may want to talk to her before you go ahead with that design if you chose it.

Mermaid Syaira
10-08-2014, 02:25 AM
I'd maybe say not the second one, since Mermaid Michelle is already getting a fire design from Raven, I doubt your 2 will look too similar, since her's is very intricate but it's still something Raven is working on right now, just so you know in case you want to make sure you're not stepping on anyone's toes you may want to talk to her before you go ahead with that design if you chose it.

Thanks for that =) I defiantly don't want to have a design too close to someone's design... I'll take it down now =)

CowgirlMermaid
10-08-2014, 02:48 AM
And not be the bad girl or something, but I think the (now) second tail, with the stripes,
is also a bit familliar to a tail I've seen before on the network here...

Mer-Crazy
10-08-2014, 04:12 AM
Might be Ayla (another merbella tail, very early that I THINK she was looking to sell earlier this year) though hers doesn't have green. There might be others but I usually only remember the merbella tails.

Mermaid Syaira
10-08-2014, 06:23 AM
I didn't actually design the last one it was made by Lotus_Blooming I don't know if she was inspired by that tail or not.

CowgirlMermaid
10-08-2014, 06:45 AM
Yeah, that was the tail I meant. I know it didn't have blue/green, but I thought looked a lot like it.

Sherielle
10-08-2014, 10:19 AM
There are several tails already made or still in the idea phase that will have stripes and are blue and green (mine included). Thing is, with as many people in the mer community now, it would be almost impossible to design a tail that isn't in some way like another tail. Not to say it can't be done, but I'm also saying that people shouldn't be able to claim 'blue/green' or 'stripes' as their design only. As long as the tail isn't an obvious direct copy of another one, I think there is no harm.
I love the scroll work on these tails. It looks like a tribal design that I have in mind that would look neat on a tail.

CowgirlMermaid
10-08-2014, 11:06 AM
I didn't mean any harm. I just thought it looked similar and pointed it out.
I know you can't really claim designs.
And as long as no one is hurt with a very close design, it's all allright, right?

Sherielle
10-08-2014, 11:19 AM
I didn't mean any harm. I just thought it looked similar and pointed it out.
I know you can't really claim designs.
And as long as no one is hurt with a very close design, it's all allright, right?I wasn't trying to scold. I'm sorry if you took it that way! :$ I just wanted to point out how hard it would be to come up with a completely new tail that no one has done or is thinking about.

Mermaid Reiko
10-08-2014, 11:31 AM
There are so many similar tails out there, I have my own designs as well but I think not only it would be a make. It would have to involve the color scheme, the thickness of the scale sheet and individual scales, fin patterns. I think its not impossible to come up with your own design but some aspects from other tails may be incorporated into this that you may not even know about. Just design to your best and from your heart. It will show in your tail.

CowgirlMermaid
10-08-2014, 12:15 PM
I know, I just thought that I hadn't made myself clear enough.
Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong or made me think you scolded me.
:)

Merlia
11-07-2014, 04:53 PM
I'm in love with the first design :)
But I'd apply a splash of turquoise :jester:

Mermaid Syaira
11-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Where would you add the turquoise Merlia?

MermaidAmestris
11-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Man, I would've liked to see the red one. Guess I got here too late :/

But out of the two that are left, I like the first one best