PDA

View Full Version : What COLOR(s) is your tail?

AmbrGlows
10-12-2014, 09:52 PM
I've noticed of late that there has been some debate about people copying the color schemes and/designs of others tails. This got me to looking and though there is the "I just a had photo shoot" thread there really isn't a place where you can find everyone's tail colors. I this it's a great idea having a place where that information can be shared.

I'm currently trying to decide on the color scheme for my next tail but I want mine to be unique.

So I'm asking this question out of curiosity and to ensure I'm not accidentally copying someone else.

Mermaid Sirenia
10-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Mine is inspired my a peacocks feather, turquoises emeralds and that golden color, but I also added a mint color to it!

~Mermaid Sirenia~

MerMatt
10-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Mine is pretty simple, blue, grey and black.

MerMatt

AmbrGlows
10-12-2014, 11:04 PM
I'm thinking Aquamarine with a touch of White or White with a bit of Yellow & Pink.

Anyone seen these colors on others tails?

Mermaid Sam
10-12-2014, 11:26 PM
I think Annwyn's tail has those colors but hers are very light.
Honestly, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your tail is a way for you to express yourself. You can pick any colors you want. As long as it makes you happy.

AmbrGlows
10-12-2014, 11:43 PM
I have an idea for my mersona but I don't wanna step on someone's tail if they're already using the same colors.

Mer-Crazy
10-12-2014, 11:52 PM
I think there has been a fair amount of people accusing others of copying, but this usually only happens (from what I've seen) once the tail is actually made and people can see it and compare it to theirs/ others. Whilst it's still in the design faze people usually just say 'hey this looks like *insert mermaid here*'s tail' and usually suggest contacting them and asking about it and I think people are usually pretty cool about it since tails are so unique, even those with similar colours.

Like Sam said, it's all about the colours you like. As for Annwyn her tail is mostly silver and a soft pink, there's no real aquamarine or yellow in there.

(Can't find a picture so here's a link to her youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/user/annwynmermaid/feed

As for my tails, one is medium to dark blues with silver and the one in progress will be sea greens, aquas, teals, blues and purples, all fairly dark in colour.

AmbrGlows
10-13-2014, 12:23 AM
I watched her tail review video and can say my tail idea looks nothing like that.

Echidna
10-13-2014, 07:30 AM
My "main" tail is white with ivory, pink and blue accents.

Despite the colour scheme, tails can look very different though.
And there's nothing to say no one can have similar looking tails.

I doubt people will have difficulties to tell us apart because of this ;)

Samantha Siren
10-13-2014, 07:42 AM
It hasn't arrived yet but My Mermaid creations tail is going to be green and purple. I discovered Fluorite the other day an sent a picture to Jesse for inspiration. I am also having Mermaid Jessica make me a matching scale top. So excited!

MermaidCelesteFL
10-13-2014, 03:18 PM
My tail was supposed to come out blue and gold, but it came out blue and yellow. When I save up for a MerNation tail, it will be royal blue and gold with a hint of indigo (possibly inspired by the surgeonfish).

Ayla of Duluth
10-13-2014, 03:35 PM
My tail is going to be cotton candy colored, with pink, blue, purple, and maybe an accent of white or silver for shimmer.

Mermaid Enora
10-13-2014, 04:21 PM
My tail is medium turquoise, white, and purple.
But as my design choice has not been done yet by anyone I doubt you would need to worry about mine or for that matter anyone else. Just make it all your own way and that shouldn't be a problem .

Sherielle
10-13-2014, 04:38 PM
my current tail is blue with a tealish cast to white in the middle and little black dots running the length of it.
My next tail will either be a teal/green/purple color scheme with stripes or dark dark dark blue with lighter blue highlights.

Mermaid Wesley
10-14-2014, 03:49 PM
My tail is green! But my next one will be teal with purple accents :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CowgirlMermaid
10-14-2014, 04:09 PM
My tail is black, just arrived today!

Meronica
10-14-2014, 10:19 PM
My tail is green, but looks turquoise under certain light. (: I also started working on my orange and white fantail goldfish tail today, but it will only be used on land because my design did not allow for a monofin. I'll just be frilly on land and in shallow pools where I can kind of "waddle" like a real fantail, lol!

Mermaid Lorelei
10-14-2014, 11:07 PM
My previous tail was gold, orange, and blue. My new tail will be predominantly purple.

Mermaid Jaffa
10-15-2014, 04:00 AM
I've only got fabric tails. I have a purple Magictail, green Fin Fun tail, and a homemade tail with orange printed flowers. As to what colors I choose, I just buy fabric that looks nice and is on special.

AmbrGlows
10-16-2014, 10:58 AM
My current tail...

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/16/2020395c459c77df70eeea8097b81812.jpg

I'm working on a sequin tail right now. It will be made from the gray fabric I used on the fluke of my current tail and the sequins are a mix of white, silver, light pink, light blue, turquoise, hot pink and purple.

I'm also saving for a MerNation tail that will most likely end up pink and golden yellow inspired by the Plumeria flowers.

MerEmma
10-16-2014, 11:09 AM
I don't currently have a tail yet, just a blue&yellow MerFin, but I plan to make a royal blue and silver tailskin for it. I have the fabric already, just no machine with a zigzag stitch. D:

AmbrGlows
10-16-2014, 11:20 AM
I don't currently have a tail yet, just a blue&yellow MerFin, but I plan to make a royal blue and silver tailskin for it. I have the fabric already, just no machine with a zigzag stitch. D:
Believe it or not my pictured tail and the matching leggings were sewn with a straight stitch because the material was too thin for the zigzag to work on my machine. They have both held up very well so far.

Mermaid Freyja
10-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Currently I'm making a fabric tail for practice, and to just play with awesome fabrics for water use. I'm using a bright metallic gold swim spandex for the body and fluke, and a soft pink sheer Lycra with a bit of glitter for a dorsal, ankle fins etc. I also want to mix some of the gold with the pink, along the dorsal in particular.
My dream tail is going to be silicone, in some combo of light silver/platinum, light aqua green and coral with some type of darker patterning on the sides of the body. That's the color combo I've been dreaming of for a very long time, and I hope to make it a reality after the new year.
xoxo

Echidna
10-16-2014, 11:31 AM
I have the fabric already, just no machine with a zigzag stitch. D:

I sew most of my stuff by hand.
It takes more time obviously, but the result is much neater and I don't have hassle with breaking threads and machine obnoxieties!

I don't recommend straight stitch, unless you're sure they won't be pressure on the seams.
The straight stitches I did on some pieces out of laziness all unraveled and had to be re-done in zig-zag.

MerEmma
10-16-2014, 11:56 AM
My grandpa has a really nice machine that I'll be getting in February, and at this point I've waited since last Christmas already to where I can wait a little longer. :P I wouldn't want to try with my hand-stitching, which is weak, or a straight stitch I don't think.

Mermaid Saoirse
10-16-2014, 01:23 PM
I currently have a silver tail; but my major color scheme for my mersona involves black, venom green, and lilac. :)

Mermaid Clara
10-16-2014, 03:12 PM
my fabric tail is orange with brown scales, but i'm planing on getting my first silicone tail from Mernation and have it white and paint it like a sunset or a rainbow.

SeaVixen
10-17-2014, 02:48 AM
My tail was supposed to come out blue and gold, but it came out blue and yellow. When I save up for a MerNation tail, it will be royal blue and gold with a hint of indigo (possibly inspired by the surgeonfish).

My current tail...

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/16/2020395c459c77df70eeea8097b81812.jpg

I'm working on a sequin tail right now. It will be made from the gray fabric I used on the fluke of my current tail and the sequins are a mix of white, silver, light pink, light blue, turquoise, hot pink and purple.

I'm also saving for a MerNation tail that will most likely end up pink and golden yellow inspired by the Plumeria flowers.

my fabric tail is orange with brown scales, but i'm planing on getting my first silicone tail from Mernation and have it white and paint it like a sunset or a rainbow.
Yay for all the potential mernation family members! I'm getting my mernation tail in December and plan to do updates on my instagram which can be found by searching my name SeaVixen and on my Facebook fan page which is unpublished at the moment since I have nothing interesting going on right now and I know people like pages to be active all the time. Once I begin my mernation journey I'll republish it though. Always looking to have mernation family joining me. I'm also trying to get brave enough to post video reviews and unboxing on my YouTube channel. I have no videos right now. So this would be my first video ever and I'm camera shy lol. My tail will be berry pink, burgundy, white, and pale pink. 3 different types of extra fins too. Spots. It'll be fun but I just don't reveal until it's in production.

New York Mermaid
10-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Im a simple mermaid when it comes to colors, My tail color was suppose to be a metallic blue with the black outlines, but because of miscommunication, it ended up a sky blue. My new tail is like a 2.0 upgrade with a metallic peacock blue with hints of black. As for what inspired my original tail: ask him :D lol

AmbrGlows
10-21-2014, 09:10 PM
Im a simple mermaid when it comes to colors, My tail color was suppose to be a metallic blue with the black outlines, but because of miscommunication, it ended up a sky blue. My new tail is like a 2.0 upgrade with a metallic peacock blue with hints of black. As for what inspired my original tail: ask him :D lol
Sorry the first color wasn't right. The peacock blue sounds lovely though.

New York Mermaid
10-22-2014, 05:52 AM
Sorry the first color wasn't right. The peacock blue sounds lovely though.

Ah It happens I guess. I was just tired of going through the motions and once I got my tail I just already lost all of that "enchantment" for it. Sure its a pretty tail, but it just didn't feel like "it was mine" I guess you can say, Plus I had to cut it down and adjust some things, pretty much I wasn't happy with it but I dealt with it. Now its grown on me a bit. But the new one I was specific on it, I ordered the exact color and sent it to the tail maker, thank goodness Richard is so understanding. I'll debut it soon enough, just been busy with some personal things here and there.

Merley
10-22-2014, 10:13 AM
The color scheme I gave Raven for my nearly-completed Merbella tail is pink and gold. I asked her to use many different shades of pink and work in some colors inspired by pink opals. 24947 I plan on getting a few tails, all different style flukes and designs but with the same general color scheme.

AmbrGlows
10-22-2014, 10:50 AM
My color inspirations.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/22/bfee35c5487774e0195d647c5e8067b1.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/22/fab6ea243c41ebeafd5480b6373bd8b6.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/22/02f89eb4b7dc465f4134dbcf50757a69.jpg

MermaidCelesteFL
10-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Newyorkmermaid- I just realized that my tail is the male version of your fish.

Vrindavana Starfish
10-22-2014, 12:07 PM
My tail (when I have it made) will also be inspired by peacock feathers, but unlike Mermaid Sirenia, mine will be the darker royal blues/emerald greens, with orange/gold. Also I'm going to incorporate a tilak marking on the flukes and fins. Tilak, for those who don't know, is a Hundu marking worn by those who worship Vishnu or Krishna.

Mermaid Octavia
10-24-2014, 08:48 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1475998_249333351897277_836954018_n.jpg?oh=55e3882 0a17e22b1254701468362af1c&oe=54EFAD49&__gda__=1424636474_aeeed5e17e9fe1bbae1b411cc12354d d

Black, orchid and gray. :)

PhaylennMurúch
10-26-2014, 02:50 AM
my current tail is the Caribbean blue from finfun. My planned tail is midnight blue, black and emerald green

-Annwyn-
10-26-2014, 05:50 AM
My tail is light silver, pale ballet pink and white highlights. What I like about it is that in different lighting it shows up as really pink, really silver or a mix of both. It's really quite eye catching.