PDA

View Full Version : A Little Vent and Something Else

AniaR
11-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I haven't really been sharing it here or as much on FB but I've been going through a lot of really difficult stuff this month. Many of you know there is a situation with my younger sister- it's not getting any better in fact such horrible things are happening I'm actually gob-smacked. Like, jaw on the floor brain can't process this type stuff. This week is also the anniversary of the last time I saw my abusive mother- bittersweet because it's also the last time I saw my little niece who will be 4 on Monday.

I'm supposed to be celebrating my birthday on Wednesday and I just find myself buckling under all this stuff despite trying to be as positive as I can. I still have mermaid gigs coming up but my tail is falling apart faster than I can maintain it and it's looking like it'll be a long wait before the new one I had paid for. Thankfully, Dr Seaweed is making me one too and Im really thankful for that. Everyone in my field is also being constantly told how there are no jobs and with graduation around the corner we're all feeling the panic.

I just want to say though, that I really value this community. I feel like there's no way I'd be where I am with mermaiding if not for all of you literally helping me, supporting me, and just being my network. From Raven fixing my tail, Cyd making me a top, Shell sending me a mirror, and all of you who constantly give me ideas and help.Im really thankful to the mods who put all the work into the site even though I get critical sometimes. Im really thankful to have a place where even though certain people accuse me of certain things out there in the internet world- I know I'm safe to share my true experiences here. Nobody ever makes me feel like I don't belong, and you all make me feel very valued and respected and I just want to say that even though I dont know the majority of you in person I really do feel like you're my pod. You're people I will never forget no matter what I do or where I go on this earth.

I have something big coming around the corner, some of you know a little bit, but most do not. It's a game changer and it's going to require a lot of bravery on my part to be adventurous but I think it'll be the one thing I've been searching for a long time to really give my skills meaning. Things never seem to happen in my time line like I hope. I always feel like I end up waiting twice, sometimes three times as long for things than I expect will be quick. But in the end, it's always worth it and I'm trying to think positive like that with this, and all my other mermaid and real life stuff.

So thanks for being you guys. Keep holding me up a little longer, Im treading water but I feel like I'm going to break the surface soon. <3

New York Mermaid
11-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Raina,

Us Merfoks will always be here for you, We all worry about eaother like a huge family.I hope everything gets better and even if you have to put on your brave face, I hope that it becomes a life changer for the better :). You go on and keep doing what you can, remember no matter how big a problem is, there is always something out there bigger and better. And as always we must take advice from that adorable little blue surgeon fish Dory in Finding Nemo "Just keep swimming"

Mermaid Saphira
11-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Mermaid Lanai took the words right outta of my mouth! We love you aniaR!!!!!

Maple
11-12-2011, 03:56 AM
Oh Raina. I wish I could reach through this screen and hug you and take some of your sorrows away.

Sending you all my love and support.