PDA

View Full Version : Walking Tail or Mermaid Legs

AmbrGlows
10-16-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm going with mom to the Texas Renaissance Festival Nov 1st or 2nd which is their pirate weekend. I had joking told her she could dress in her pirate wench costume and pull me in a wagon so I could be her captive mermaid. Honestly, I can't ask mom to do that. 1) the fair grounds are too big and 2) I wouldn't be able to go into any of the shops. So instead I thought I'd just wear my leggings that I made from the same material as my tail. After all, mermaids have legs when on land.

Here's my question to everyone. Do I wear my "mermaid legs" or do I make a tail I can walk in?

Cerulean
10-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Sounds like kind of a pain to be tethered and pulled about while youre trying to enjoy a fair. Slap on some walking legs and give yourself the gift of being able to shop! Hahaha

I thought Cher had a nice walking tail in that one scene of the movie Mermaids (which I left on tv late one night hoping there were more ladies of the sea in it but thats okay) maybe you could make something similar in shape. Really you could be fine with either land legs or a walking tail, its just whatever you have time for and decide to do.

AmbrGlows
10-16-2014, 10:51 AM
I was searching for a pic of my "mermaid legs" but to my surprise it seems we've never taken a pic of me in them but here is a pic of my tail so you can see the fabric my leggings are made of.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/16/62eaa9a2d39cd4177bd0441f2be4b0b2.jpg

Sherielle
10-16-2014, 11:25 AM
At TRF, be comfy. A walking tail would be a pain after a while. I say go for leggings.

Mermaid Enora
10-16-2014, 12:38 PM
I'll be at the TRF this weekend in a walking tail.
its more of a shredded empire waisted dress with my mermaid scale top.
so it's not tight around my legs at all. Comfort is definitely key at any ren faire.

AmbrGlows
10-16-2014, 08:53 PM
I'll be at the TRF this weekend in a walking tail.
its more of a shredded empire waisted dress with my mermaid scale top.
so it's not tight around my legs at all. Comfort is definitely key at any ren faire.
I would have thought you'd go this weekend as a faery. Its 1001 Dreams this weekend.

Mermaid Enora
10-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Very good observation :)
Clarification, I will be a fairy on Saturday and a walking mermaid on Sunday.
I've been a fairy on 1001 dreams weekend both days for 2 years now and I just made my
new walking mermaid outfit and can't wait to wear it and see what people think.
I will be back again on highland fling weekend as a tartan wearing fairy both days and I'll be test running some new winter weather attire that will be used mostly at the Sherwood Forest Faire in February.

AmbrGlows
10-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Awesome!! Wish I could afford to go so many times.

Where is the Sherwood Forest Faire?

Mermaid Enora
10-16-2014, 10:24 PM
I can only afford to go twice b/c I'm camping at the TRF so only $20 for the weekend and we have free tickets from my sister winning a prize last year. So really the only expense is gas and our tickets to Midas' Masquerade Ball.
Sherwood is near Austin. It also has cheap camping.
It'll be my first time to Sherwood in February.
And then of course after that its time for Scarborough Faire in April and May!!!!

AmbrGlows
10-17-2014, 12:01 AM
That's cool!
I'm totally looking up Sherwood Faire tonight while at work.
I'm hoping to have a new costume put together for Scarborough plus wings for my cousin's little girls so they can go as fairies.

Mermaid Enora
10-17-2014, 10:06 AM
awesome, maybe I'll see you at both. I'll let you know what weekends I end up going and maybe we'll see each other. Your cousin's girls should definitely stop by Fairy Haven at Scarborough. Its a booth that my group helps out with when we're there. They sell all sorts of fairy stuff….wings, ears, skirts, crowns…and every afternoon they have free dress up, tea time, and story time. My fairies provide the atmosphere during tea time and help the kids get dressed and we advertise during the faire for tea time. Its a ton of fun!!

AmbrGlows
10-17-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm pretty sure the plan is to go one day during opening weekend because the kids get in free or super cheap.

Mermaid Enora
10-21-2014, 10:34 AM
we usually go opening weekend bc the weather is the nicest then……normally….this year it poured all day opening sunday.

Mermaid Enora
10-21-2014, 10:34 AM
we usually go opening weekend bc the weather is the nicest then……normally….this year it poured all day opening sunday.

AmbrGlows
10-21-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm hoping for nice weather 2015 opening weekend.