PDA

View Full Version : Siren's Calling- Announcements & Discussions

Morticia Mermaid
10-17-2014, 03:35 AM
Evening/Morning everyone! I made this post on Facebook earlier today (16th) and thought I should share it here, and also wanted to provide a place for people to discuss my work if they wanted to.

I will be temporarily closing orders at the end of October for a few months so I can get caught up on side projects and finishing prototypes for future products (Yay silicone tails!!). I do have a couple order slots left, and I had been contacted by a few people who had expressed great interest in ordering. If you still want to order, please let me know asap so we can work out details.

I love hearing any and all feedback, can't grow without it (both good and bad). Would love to get everyones thoughts on it. Paint work, accessories, etc. What you think I'm doing well, what needs to be improved, etc.

Thanks for the time and feedback! :mermaid kiss:

Morticia Mermaid
11-03-2014, 04:49 AM
I've been debating putting Siren's Calling's first prototype Priestess Headdress up for auction. Currently it is sitting collecting dust, and it is far to gorgeous to be doing so. If I did this, would anyone be interested in participating?

I know with most headdresses people have found they cannot wear them in the water as their hair tangles in everything. I've tested this headdress in the water, and thanks to the net drape it prevents major tangles. I only ended up with a few minor tangles where my hair just wrapped around the ends of the netting, which came off easily and gently with running my finger between my hair and the netting. There is also a comb built into the headband for support to keep it in place.

Here's a reminder of what it looks like!

Also, if you'd like to just order a custom one then please send me a message so we can work on a quote. (Note: this style takes 2-4 months to create as all netting and greenery is hand sewn to the base headdress)

Mermaid Lunette
11-03-2014, 05:02 AM
dang it TT - TT why you do dis when I has no monies :'(

do you have any idea for how many months you will be closed? it would be good to know so I can save some extra money for when you come back?

Mermaid Kelda
11-03-2014, 07:05 AM
Do you think it'd be possible to create one without the netting and drape or is that a signature Morticia style? I'd love to own one, but I'm just not sure the drape is "me".

Morticia Mermaid
11-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Lunette- Orders will probably be closed until the first of the year. We recently moved into a new studio to work and are still getting things organized, the move put us slightly behind on orders. Which is one of the reasons they are closed, so we can catch up on the last couple orders that are behind. We're also going to be taking this time to work on getting our first (at least) silicone prototype finished so we can launch them by next spring. We do have a contact list going for once we start taking orders again, if you'd like I can add you to the list.

Melaina- The netting drape is a key piece to this style. It helps it stand out as a Siren's Calling piece, and makes it different from other headdresses. The drape also holds a lot of the greenery on as the greenery is sewn to the drape. We also have a couple prototypes in the works, including a small headdress and a secret design that we've not told anyone about yet ;D

Mermaid Lunette
11-03-2014, 03:25 PM
oh yes, please add me to the list!

Morticia Mermaid
11-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Done! :)

Mermaid Kelda
11-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Melaina- The netting drape is a key piece to this style. It helps it stand out as a Siren's Calling piece, and makes it different from other headdresses. The drape also holds a lot of the greenery on as the greenery is sewn to the drape. We also have a couple prototypes in the works, including a small headdress and a secret design that we've not told anyone about yet ;D
Fair enough! I eagerly await your designs!

Morticia Mermaid
12-04-2014, 12:08 AM
New video is available on Siren's Calling's Youtube. Made a couple product videos to display while at an event this weekend, so figured might as well upload at least one of them :)

http://youtu.be/ZmEju-X1r60

Miyu
12-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Nice video! :clap: I like all the photos you've gotten from customers!

Morticia Mermaid
12-04-2014, 01:13 AM
Thanks! It's amazing to think that this isn't even half of the tails that I've made. I've made between 15-20 tails since I started making them. Sucks I don't have pictures of all of them :( Some people just really didn't want to share their pictures with me

Seraphina Suds
12-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Were all of those tails in the video painted neoprene? Some looked super textured!

Mermaid Galene
12-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Your tails are really stunning, Morticia! Having just completed my first sequined neoprene tail, I feel like I've come home. I can now easily and affordably bring my many envisioned tail designs to life. I love, love, love working with neoprene!

Morticia Mermaid
12-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Seraphina- yes :) they are all just painted neoprene

Galene- thats awesome! Im still working on my sequin tail, when ive got time (which usually ends up being when im sick). Not even half way with the sequins, lol.

Morticia Mermaid
12-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Working on a couple guys jewelry pieces :) Got a chance to pick up some new pendants and such. So picked up some pieces that are more guy oriented

Morticia Mermaid
01-06-2015, 01:39 AM
Ladies and gents, I'm happy to announce we will be launching a prototype tester program by the end of January. We need both gals and guys!

What is a prototype tester program? We are going to work on selecting a few people, whether by contests or just seeing who would be interested. This will be a small group of people, maybe 10-15 to start.

What being a tester entails- The only things we will require of our testers is:
1. GREAT communication. We are trusting you to fully test out and give us honest feedback on the product you are testing, so if we send you the product and don't hear back from you we'll remove you from our tester group.
2. Pay for shipping the item to you.

Perks- you get to KEEP the item you are testing for us! And because of that we will offer some minor customization (i.e. colors, charm options if any, etc.).

If you're interested PLEASE let me know!

Mermaid Fenicia
01-06-2015, 01:44 AM
It's that shipping to Belgium is very expensive, but I like to help :)

Mermaid Lunette
01-06-2015, 02:42 AM
I would very much like to be a part of that ^^

SummerRogue
01-06-2015, 08:26 AM
I'd love to be a part of the group [emoji4]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Seraphina Suds
01-06-2015, 10:26 AM
I'd be interested!

Morticia Mermaid
01-06-2015, 03:32 PM
So happy with the amount of interest in this. Will be posting finalized info by the end of next week. First 10 positions will be filled via applications, then the final 5 will be filled via contests.
Thank you everyone for being so supportive with this

Arella
01-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Very interested :)

Miyu
01-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Woohoo, fellow testers! Now I won't feel like everyone thinks I'm biased, LOL :p

Maethor
01-06-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm interested!

Mermaid Kelda
01-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Depending on shipping to Australia, I'd be interested in joining! :)

Morticia Mermaid
01-07-2015, 01:49 AM
Applications for the first 10 tester spots will be posted on the fb page by the end of next week :)

Depending on shipping to Australia, I'd be interested in joining! :)
Depending on the size of the prototype I can ship between $24-40 USD.

Mermaid Wesley
01-07-2015, 02:31 AM
Super down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Fenicia
01-07-2015, 04:04 AM
And how much will it be to send stuff to Belgium?

Morticia Mermaid
01-07-2015, 05:51 AM
And how much will it be to send stuff to Belgium?
What's your zip code dear? I can check :)

Scratch that, didn't need it :D with how I shop things, it's still that $25-40USD range (depending on the item size).

Most of my new prototypes will fit into the smaller boxes, so shipping would be at the lower range

Mermaid Fenicia
01-07-2015, 07:00 AM
If you have something very small to test, I will try it ;)

Sherielle
01-07-2015, 09:46 AM
I'm interested! I hope I see the applications to get in before it fills up.

Morticia Mermaid
01-13-2015, 03:07 PM
I want to thank everyone for showing such high interest in our Prototype tester program. We have received far more interest than we thought we would.

Due to such high interest we have decided that we will be applying a $5 application fee for applications (this will be a ONE time non-refundable fee). This will help us sort out those who are serious from those who are in it for free product. It will also help us stock up on supplies needed to create our prototypes for testers.

As I've said, our first 10 testers will be filled via application. If we receive more than 10 applications, those not chosen for the group will be added to a waiting list to fill any spots that should open due to either testers deciding to leave or failing to follow requirements. Group participants will also be required to sign an agreement, stating that they agree to the requirements of being a Prototype tester.

With that bit out of the way, applications are now available! So, those who are still interested in applying please message me for the application!

Sherielle
01-13-2015, 03:25 PM
PM sent

Seraphina Suds
01-13-2015, 05:01 PM
What sort of things would we be testing and how would we be testing them?

Morticia Mermaid
01-13-2015, 05:11 PM
Prototypes will range from jewelry and accessories, to possibly even tails. They would be tested for how well they hold up, does it hold/stay in place properly (for hair pieces and eventually tops), etc. We ask how you feel about it, what would you change, what did you like most, etc. :)

Starfrit
01-13-2015, 05:31 PM
I thought about PM'ing you for an application, but figure I'll hold out for now and give others a chance to test your new prototypes first— I'll already be testing out the fins you've put on my tail! :P

Seraphina Suds
01-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Ah, gotcha! Thanks! I'll send you a pm in a bit. C:

Morticia Mermaid
01-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Wesley! Tried sending you a reply but your inbox is full D: Will save my reply until I hear from you again!

Meronica
01-14-2015, 02:36 PM
I've applied! (: Can't wait till this program gets going!

PhaylennMurúch
01-20-2015, 04:46 PM
My Merling and I are super excited about this!

Morticia Mermaid
01-29-2015, 12:55 PM
And our Group is complete! If you applied and didn't hear from us, do not worry! We received a LOT of applications. So, we have created a backup list in case we have anyone drop out of the group.

We are still taking guys applications and accepting at least 2 more guys into the group. We currently have one guy and one young merboy.

MermaidRuby
05-06-2015, 12:41 AM
Im going to put my order in for my tail tommorow! I can't wait for my new tail to be ready! SQUEEEE!!!!!! Im so excited!:yay::yay::yay::yay::dance::yay::yay::yay: :yay: