PDA

View Full Version : Sequins?

Sandra Siren
10-26-2014, 02:55 AM
I want to say so me one else has already asked this question, but I couldn't find it, and wanted to know: is it possible to adhere large sequins to a neoprene tail, and have them stay on in the water? If it is at all possible, does anyone have any pointers on how to go about doing this?

NixieOona
10-26-2014, 04:13 AM
hey i have a bunch of eperience with seguins on neoprene. how are you thinking of adhering them?

Mermaid Galene
10-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Most people sew them on. I'm currently making a neoprene/sequined tail. I place each sequin on the tail and sew with a zigzag stitch on my sewing machine. I do a whole row that way, then use a locking stitch at the end.

Sandra Siren
10-26-2014, 03:23 PM
My sewing machine is on the wimpy side and my neoprene is 3mm thick. I tried sewing my tail with my machine following the thread guidelines and my machine kept acting up so I hand stitched it. I'd like to add sequin scales so it doesn't look so plain, but if it is possible to not have to hand stitch every single sequin, I'd prefer that method...

Mermaid Galene
10-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Ah, yes, 3mm would be a challenge for a sewing machine. I'm using 2mm. Some folks were talking about using E6000 glue to adhere sequins to neoprene, but I don't know if anyone has actually tried it.

Sandra Siren
10-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Hmmmmm, maybe I'll give it a shot this week and see if it's a viable method.

Mermaid Enora
11-06-2014, 11:25 AM
I have a 5mm neoprene tail that I'm currently sequining. I'm sewing the sequins on one at a time in straight lines going up. Fishing line is my preferred thread.