PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new Texas mer here!

MermaidAmestris
10-28-2014, 04:07 PM
I considered posting an introduction thread before then thought it would be weird or attention-seeking, but after seeing a lot of others doing it and realizing how badly I need friends in the mer-community, I decided to make a little introduction thread thing for myself! So hi! I'm Ashlynn but my mermaid name is Amestris (or will be once I get the money to make my first tail or at least get a monofin). I've been living in the Houston area of Texas for a few months. I lived here when I was 9 up to right before I turned 14, then moved back to Oklahoma with my mom and now I'm back in Texas (hence the two pods under my avatar, I'm not sure how to un-join one or if that's even necessary). I just wanted to say I'm excited to live closer to some mers and I hope I can meet some of you and make wonderful friends to help me on my journey!

MadisonTheMer93
10-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Welcome!!

-The curious new mermaid

Mermaid Lunette
10-28-2014, 10:14 PM
welcome Amestris! happy to have you! ^___^

SweeteSiren
10-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the group! And feel free to be a member of more than one pod, we'll just consider you an emissary. :)

Mermaid Enora
10-28-2014, 11:28 PM
welcome to the Texas pod!

Lotus the Mermaid
11-07-2014, 03:34 AM
I considered posting an introduction thread before then thought it would be weird or attention-seeking, but after seeing a lot of others doing it and realizing how badly I need friends in the mer-community, I decided to make a little introduction thread thing for myself! So hi! I'm Ashlynn but my mermaid name is Amestris (or will be once I get the money to make my first tail or at least get a monofin). I've been living in the Houston area of Texas for a few months. I lived here when I was 9 up to right before I turned 14, then moved back to Oklahoma with my mom and now I'm back in Texas (hence the two pods under my avatar, I'm not sure how to un-join one or if that's even necessary). I just wanted to say I'm excited to live closer to some mers and I hope I can meet some of you and make wonderful friends to help me on my journey!

Welcome, welcome! Many blessings to you on your tail journey!

My friends and I started with monofins and this is the best one I've found (and the one we use all the time to train): FINIS Foil (http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/finis-foil-monofin-27780/?color=10852)

It's less than $50 and it's a pretty stiff fin for that price so it'll help you get used to swimming! Again, I pray your tail quest is amazingly blessed!!! :) <3

Sherielle
11-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Welcome!!

Kaila Mermaid
11-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Welcome!!

TheSirenSongstress
11-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Welcome!!!