PDA

View Full Version : Gofundme links?

MadisonTheMer93
11-10-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm finally making my gofundme page for my first tail public. Is there a specific thread to post them here? If not, here's the link:
http://www.gofundme.com/madisonthemermaid

Any help at all would be extremely appreciated. Even if you just share the link along it's way. Thanks all you merpeople!!

-The curious new mermaid

Samantha Siren
11-10-2014, 05:04 PM
If this is our first tail, would it not be wiser to get a cheaper fabric tail and learn how to swim in it first? I have been mermaiding for 2 years and only just getting my first silicone tail! Start small and work your way up! Good luck though! :)

MadisonTheMer93
11-10-2014, 08:18 PM
I can't afford to get a cheaper tail that doesn't look professional enough to also get jobs. :(

-The curious new mermaid

Morticia Mermaid
11-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Nonsense :) I've seen TONS of mers get great jobs with the lower costing fabric tails. Plus it never hurts to have an inexpensive one to use for training/practice. That way you aren't wearing out a silicone one too fast.

Mermaid Melusinah
11-10-2014, 08:28 PM
See this lovely lady above me here? Morticia? Well she MAKES REAL neoprene tails. they are a GREAT starter material for new mermaids. My own tail was made by her. I LOVE my tail. Her work is GREAT. seriously. and she is very affordable. I HIGHLY encourage you to check out her page. give her a shot.
LOTS of pro mermaids go with neoprene! Hannah mermaid, Kariel, Mermaid Bonnie, just to name a few well knowns. despite what others might say, Silicone doesn't make the mermaid. Mermaid is something that lives in you. it is in your heart. if you have confidence in yourself and your tail, nothing and no one can tell you that you are any less mermaid because you don't have silicone. It's something that i struggled with HEAVILY. and now i am starting to build more confidence for myself. trust me <3

Starfrit
11-10-2014, 08:59 PM
See this lovely lady above me here? Morticia? Well she MAKES REAL neoprene tails. they are a GREAT starter material for new mermaids. My own tail was made by her. I LOVE my tail. Her work is GREAT. seriously. and she is very affordable. I HIGHLY encourage you to check out her page. give her a shot.
LOTS of pro mermaids go with neoprene! Hannah mermaid, Kariel, Mermaid Bonnie, just to name a few well knowns. despite what others might say, Silicone doesn't make the mermaid. Mermaid is something that lives in you. it is in your heart. if you have confidence in yourself and your tail, nothing and no one can tell you that you are any less mermaid because you don't have silicone. It's something that i struggled with HEAVILY. and now i am starting to build more confidence for myself. trust me <3

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--zrUuQk6O--/18rjb91m1gai3gif.gif

Seconding this! My first tail is currently in the works from Morticia, and all of the pics I've seen of it so far have been AMAZING. I'm really, really glad that my first tail is being made of neoprene, and from what I've seen from others here on Mernetwork as well as Facebook and elsewhere, a neoprene tail can look just as professional as any silicone tail (see: everyone Melusinah posted), and for significantly cheaper! And like others have mentioned, it's definitely a better alternative to silicone if you're not used to it; I believe there's a thread on that somewhere about it, as it can be really easy to injure yourself in a silicone tail if you're not used to the weight / swimming in one!

It'd be better to spend a few hundreds dollars on a beginner tail that can still get you gigs, than spend several grand on a tail that you could injure your back or legs in and end up not being able to use. I'd say save up enough to get a beautiful painted fabric or neoprene tail to start with, and go from there!

Good luck with it! <3

Mermaid Mandi
11-11-2014, 02:45 AM
Yes it would be better to start out with a fabric tail first to get the feeling of swimming in one and practicing underwater swimming would be best there are tons of tails out there for a great price. Just go here this website has a list of tails when you can look at http://www.mermaidtails.net