PDA

View Full Version : Help with my partial silicone mertailor tail!

Merenneito Nerissa
11-12-2014, 02:54 PM
I have this problem that I'd like to attach the fluke to the tail skin, and I've no idea how they're gonna stick together properly... We tried to fix it with mermaid Riia, we tried silicone glue and for a temporary solution this two-sided tape but neither of them stick. So do you anyone have any kinds of ideas how on ocean I'm going to succeed in this project? And yes, I really want to attach them together, permanently. I don't mind the fact that I then can't separate them cause I really don't need a separate flipper. And I would like to have a complete tail, not the one with a crack where all kids can get their hands on and stretch fluke's edges and see metal parts and umm, well, my ankles maybe too if stretching enough :D Not so convinsing mermaid :D

Mermaid Leira
11-12-2014, 05:52 PM
velcro sewn in with nylon thread in inconspicuous places maybe?

Mermaid Jaffa
11-12-2014, 06:28 PM
I have an idea but I need to see the broken fin.

Mermaid Wesley
11-12-2014, 06:52 PM
I would just sew the whole thing together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merenneito Nerissa
11-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Omg I'm like the worst sewer ever... :D Isn't there any kind of glue which could possibly work...?

And Mermaid Jaffa, it's not broken, it's supposed to be separate :)

Merenneito Nerissa
11-13-2014, 10:06 AM
And I'd like to attach them with something kinda invisible, when you sew there's always visible umm, pieces of string somewhere? You know, when you sew like up and down and etc, I'm not most talented explainer either.... :D And I'd like to glue the edges of the tail skin to fluke like very evenly (I'm not sure if that's even a real english word...:D ), so that the fabric thing, this neopren like spacer, wouldn't be visible between the tail skin's silicone cover and flukes silicone surface.

Echidna
11-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Omg I'm like the worst sewer ever...

I seriously hope you are not a sewer of any kind :p

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Merenneito Nerissa
11-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Buahahahaaa :DDD I'm the pro with this foreign language stuff :D

Yulia
11-13-2014, 12:00 PM
The only thing adhering to silicone is silicone, so if you want to glue them together you have to use more silicone.

PearlieMae
11-13-2014, 12:13 PM
...evenly (I'm not sure if that's even a real english word...:D )

It most certainly is. "I like to spread my peanut butter evenly across the toast."

Merenneito Nerissa
11-13-2014, 03:23 PM
I tried silicone glue, but it didn't stick... Should I maybe umm, somehow peel the neopren off from the tail skin, so that only silicone touches to silicone? And they will like, blend together? It will not melt them or anything...? I don't have any experience from this stuff.

Mermaid Wesley
11-13-2014, 03:33 PM
What did you use? Sil-poxy?
Either way yes you could try peeling off the neoprin on the bottom to stick it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Jaffa
11-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Sew the fins to the tail, but only pierce halfway through the neoprene fins and fully through the tail, so that the stitches are not visible.

Merenneito Nerissa
11-19-2014, 03:12 AM
Yea I used sil-poxy. Jaffa, the tail skin is silicone on top and under it is a layer of neoprin, but the fluke itself is full silicone and pretty heavy and thick.